• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the Mile High Mega Store built on an ancient skunk weed burial ground?
2 2

178 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JJ-4 said:

So, this isn't locked yet?

Well, it's mostly a debate about whether politics is a smart thing to stick in a comics newsletter...kind of along the lines of why the mods don't want it here. And I would like to congragulate myself on staying out of politics on this thread because usually I can't help myself and the mods say mean things to me. The funny thing is I am pretty middle of the road politically.

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

Just so there is no confusion........I like Chuck.  

Growing up as a kid in Tiny Town, America, you had two choices for old back issue comics.......the brand new comics at the local drug store......or the brand new comics on the spinner rack at the local mini-mart.  If you were lucky, you might find a really old back issue from the previous month that fell behind the Time and Newsweek magazines.  I never sent away for any catalogs or lists you could get from the adds in the back of the comics.  We simply bought and read the new comics that were available off the rack.

Then I saw the two-page add that Chuck put in the middle of comic books and it opened up a whole new world to me.  I happily started ordering back issues (being sure to list alternates to get my discount) and can still remember that wonderful smell when I opened the packages.  I didn't really care about condition back then......I just wanted the books.  Chuck really helped me get the back issues I needed for my collection and I imagine this happened all over the country as well.

If I ever saw Chuck at a convention, I would certainly want to shake his hand, thank him and tell him how much Mile High Comics meant to me as a child.  And if I saw him at a bar, I would happily invite him to join me, buy him a beer, and tell him the same thing.

Now.....having said all of that, and after seeing the picture above.......if not for the #MeToo movement, I would be all over that juicy piece of fleshy fluidity before you could snap a girdle at it.

I've said it here a few times, but chuck is pretty personable in person. He didn't invite me into the VIP area at NYCC to try on ballgowns with him though, so now I'm a little hurt.

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

Just so there is no confusion........I like Chuck.  

Growing up as a kid in Tiny Town, America, you had two choices for old back issue comics.......the brand new comics at the local drug store......or the brand new comics on the spinner rack at the local mini-mart.  If you were lucky, you might find a really old back issue from the previous month that fell behind the Time and Newsweek magazines.  I never sent away for any catalogs or lists you could get from the adds in the back of the comics.  We simply bought and read the new comics that were available off the rack.

Then I saw the two-page add that Chuck put in the middle of comic books and it opened up a whole new world to me.  I happily started ordering back issues (being sure to list alternates to get my discount) and can still remember that wonderful smell when I opened the packages.  I didn't really care about condition back then......I just wanted the books.  Chuck really helped me get the back issues I needed for my collection and I imagine this happened all over the country as well.

If I ever saw Chuck at a convention, I would certainly want to shake his hand, thank him and tell him how much Mile High Comics meant to me as a child.  And if I saw him at a bar, I would happily invite him to join me, buy him a beer, and tell him the same thing.

Now.....having said all of that, and after seeing the picture above.......if not for the #MeToo movement, I would be all over that juicy piece of fleshy fluidity before you could snap a girdle at it.

I bought his books in past before his prices went up. If I see him, I will definitely shake his hand. He is a legend in the comic industry.