• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the Mile High Mega Store built on an ancient skunk weed burial ground?
2 2

178 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

This disparagement of Chuck in drag reminded me of a few threads on these boards years ago.  It wasn't uncommon for someone to reference Chaz (Chastity) Bono in a negative way, posting the occasional picture and calling him a "thing", for example.

I posted the following pic and asked why no one on these boards made fun of this transgender person.  A couple folks didn't know who this was; the rest got quiet real fast.
Seems we pick and choose who we make fun of - the "easy" targets, not the respected ones.  
04a10f0d4476c996a36f455c7c7b68a7.thumb.jpg.bf2ef9aca600cfa99e2a4a80c20982d6.jpg

Does that person write a comic book newsletter?

28 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:
42 minutes ago, Park said:
58 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Tell me  more great gatekeeper of the message boards

So which one of you IS the gatekeeper?

Asking for a friend.

I'm the Keymaster

tenor.gif?itemid=14550409

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I live in CO and the pot industry has started to implode.  Warehouse space is more available now and prices are starting to come down.  I know several smaller pot growers that have gone under and the wholesale price for pot is slightly more that half its peak price.  Mega businesses are starting to dominant that can spread the fixed cost over a larger output lowering their expenses to the point where they can undersell the smaller outfits.  Couple that with other states legalizing it which has reduced the tourist business and you have the makings of a slowing industry.

Thanks for this insight.

I'd wondered about that too -- that first, it was only a matter of time before the big corporate farming interests took over, consolidating the market; and what competition from other states would do to the market. It's now legal in 11 states plus DC, and even Virginia is considering legalization this year. Makes sense because the potential state tax revenue is *huge.*

Still, $2.2 million mortgage for a converted warehouse in Denver seems excessive. $33.75 a square foot?

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

Thanks for this insight.

I'd wondered about that too -- that first, it was only a matter of time before the big corporate farming interests took over, consolidating the market; and what competition from other states would do to the market. It's now legal in 11 states plus DC, and even Virginia is considering legalization this year. Makes sense because the potential state tax revenue is *huge.*

Still, $2.2 million mortgage for a converted warehouse in Denver seems excessive. $33.75 a square foot?

I don't know what his sq footage is but we looked at buying a warehouse in the primary part of Boulder in a much nicer are than his.  It was $2.4 million and about 25,000 sqft.