• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st issue of Supergirl Mini-series. Post-crisis
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I was about to put this issue on my packing list last weekend when I saw the biggest boo-boo in the title name, cause afterall you first focus on the art :) then you look at the rest of the cover.  So I decided to put the issue to the side for now and send other title issues before coming back to it and send the complete 4 parter set.  I was thinking what the community would grad this issue with the condition that it was in and how the "paper rip" in the title would affect the overall possible Grade.  Mini-series was basically Supergirl discovering that Lex was truly evil.... ;) I had scanned the first 3 but you don't see the imperfections. From this experience I realized taking comic-book pictures in my place is terrible cause of the lighting. :( 

Supergirl_0001.jpg

Supergirl_0002.jpg

Supergirl_0003.jpg

supergirl4.JPG

supergirl5.JPG

supergirl6.JPG

supergirl7.JPG

supgirl9.JPG

Thanks for the responses. ;) At the moment, I'm still taking "baby steps" at this whole grade thing on my comics that I have bought over the years. Even the thought of selling any of my comics is still way off.  My first thought is to start preserve them abit longer especially the ones I have notice are getting to be off-white(made in the late eighties).   I consider myself just a reader,  I have never in my 34 years of reading comics bought 4 books of the same issue and sell the other three, that will never be my style.  The second reason I've started slabbing, is reading current comics are getting up there in price...I started thinking, if I'm gonna spend that much money on today's comics maybe just maybe it's time to use that same money to revest in the 34 years worth of comics that I already have.....which means when do I quit reading today's comics? Maybe at the next DC reboot.