• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC books that slide around inside the case??

5 posts in this topic

I have several CGC comics with new style cases that seem to shift up and down inside the holder. There is no damage or evidence of tampering? I store them in the boxes that CGC mails back to you. What’s up ? Any help

Check the holder carefully. In some cases, certain books are encapsulated in what's known as "lid to lid" encapsulation, which means the book isn't placed in an inner well and is slabbed between two hard outer shells(usually done if the book is an odd size and won't fit securely in any of the standard inner wells). If the slab has an inner well, check the clearances on each side and check to see if the book has a "wedge" (a small piece of plastic used as reinforcement to keep the book from moving around). If you notice that the book doesn't have a wedge and the inner well seems too big for the book, this may be why the book is moving around...

On 1/10/2020 at 2:08 AM, moosevt said:

I have several CGC comics with new style cases that seem to shift up and down inside the holder. There is no damage or evidence of tampering? I store them in the boxes that CGC mails back to you. What’s up ? Any help

Also don't move it around to much as you dont want to get shaken comic syndrome and damage your books...