• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics of your best comic& favorite
3 3

111 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

my ASM 1 - that I got personally signed by Stan Lee and got to meet him... I got the book for a great price and have been happy ever since. I had a whole experience of going down to Fan Expo for his last Canadian Appearance lining up for hours just to take a pic with him and the book and line up again to get him to sign it got to shake Stan's hand and all. Also during the line up I had awesome conversations about the book and a few people wanting to take pics of it lol, felt like a celebrity even if it was just for a moment lol.. but it was a great experience and I will never forget it. 

I've left it in purple for awhile now and dont really have plans to try to remove the restoration unless one day I decide to sell it, but I think this one I will hang on to till I am ready to kick the bucket if my future kids aren't into comics.. To much sentimental value to me. also hasn't been pressed or cleaned either, but doubt it might bump the grade but would help the eye appeal.

Sorry for the yellow lighting was a really old pic  and had those overhead lights above the colours are much better I will one day get around to taking out a good pic of it lol

image.png

That is a sweet book

And I am literally living vicariously through you in the line at fan expo

Butterflies starting in the pit of your stomach, your whole body energized like you stuck your finger in a light socket

All that glitters is gold baby!!

What a beautiful book.

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

That is a sweet book

And I am literally living vicariously through you in the line at fan expo

Butterflies starting in the pit of your stomach, your whole body energized like you stuck your finger in a light socket

All that glitters is gold baby!!

What a beautiful book.

Thanks, yeah I was so pumped and nervous at the same time it was surreal, but wow it was a great day.. nervous when I left it with the Anastasia dude as I think he was the one co ordinating for Stan Lee and CGC SS at least he pulled me to the front of his line when he saw my what I wanted to CGC SS...but if I had to re-live a day again it would be that day... I barely ate my McMuffin on the Go train was just full or energy and we were rushing ,so we wouldn't miss our time slot to take a pic with Stan lol 

2 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

Thanks, yeah I was so pumped and nervous at the same time it was surreal, but wow it was a great day.. nervous when I left it with the Anastasia dude as I think he was the one co ordinating for Stan Lee and CGC SS at least he pulled me to the front of his line when he saw my what I wanted to CGC SS...but if I had to re-live a day again it would be that day... I barely ate my McMuffin on the Go train was just full or energy and we were rushing ,so we wouldn't miss our time slot to take a pic with Stan lol 

EPIC!

1 minute ago, marvelmaniac said:

I cannot narrow my favorites to one or two books, numerous books have sentimental value and bring back memories of my childhood when things/times were much simpler.

This book is the one that when I saw the cover for the first time in 65 made me say...WOW!!!, that was my beginning into the world of Marvel Comics.

Fantastic Four 25 VG 4.0.JPG

Yeah, that is a wicked cover!

4 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

I cannot narrow my favorites to one or two books, numerous books have sentimental value and bring back memories of my childhood when things/times were much simpler.

This book is the one that when I saw the cover for the first time in 65 made me say...WOW!!!, that was my beginning into the world of Marvel Comics.

Fantastic Four 25 VG 4.0.JPG

Great choice.  One of the few Silver Age comics I have.

Pretty much my introduction to that period of Marvel  as well.  My second purchase following FF 20 in summer 1977.

I've since replaced that poor condition copy, long gone, with an 8.5 white pager.

Edited by Ken Aldred