• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics of your best comic& favorite
3 3

111 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, 1950's war comics said:

went to the Motor City Comic Con a couple years ago ,,.. went to Dale Roberts booth and was checking out and marveling at all his wall books ...

i asked him if he had any Sugar and Spike comics , he said sure and showed me the box . and then he said Oh did you see the #1 on the wall?

i had looked right through it lol always been a holy grail of mine , used my CC and bought it right there ...sent it to CGC and got a 3.5

DSCN3552.JPG

Wait a minute,  is this the same @Dale Roberts with the mega sell thread right now?  Pretty sweet!

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

we all know that @kav is shy... and modest ... so i am showing everybody this issue which is both his favorite AND his most valuable comic book ..

Image result for woodgod comic book

Incredible that this book isn't a key yet.

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

we all know that @kav is shy... and modest ... so i am showing everybody this issue which is both his favorite AND his most valuable comic book ..

Image result for woodgod comic book

ps clean scanner cover bluh!

1 hour ago, frozentundraguy said:

My most valuable book in Silver Age would be Tales to Astonish #34. I picked it up on Ebay back in 2009, for a very reasonable price. Its graded at 7.5.  My favorite book is Wonder Woman #83. I had only been collecting comics for a year in 1999, when I spotted this book, in the raw in a small shop located in Superior Wisconsin. They had it in a short box of comics behind the cash register, where evidently no one thought to check very often.

TTA_34graded.jpg

WW83_CGC1B.jpg

That WW cover looks fantastic and I don’t think there’s a pre hero TTA that I don’t look at in awe