• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics of your best comic& favorite
3 3

111 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

not so much anymore .... just read stuff on the computer more and more these days ....

Yeah

I read the books online

Just read

Forever people

New Gods

Teen titans 2

NM 98

And a superboy book

Edited by Hollywood1892

6 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Best... the lady and I refer to this as 'our marriage certificate.' 

LSS... we shared a fondness for X-Men while dating and the third time was the charm for finding / buying this book. 

xmen1fc_zps1ab0fadd.JPG.8b064bdeb7f92d654d3e29cfa3822a97.JPG

Fave...  Zap Comix #0- the cover that I saw c. 2000 :whatthe:  that sent me on a 15yr love affair with underground comix.

But particularly this old label, untrimmed copy (bought from Comicwiz back when)

483789143_Zap0075Untrimmed.jpg.bd0a4c10ef6ee20d1a41f457465bcad1.jpg

I wish I had this type of relationship with my significant other...she "tolerates" my hobby and allows a particular expenditure, but I've emotionally exhausted myself trying to teach hear about the hobby, dreaming we could collect books together.

2 hours ago, JazzMan said:

I sold off my most of my graded ASM 1-100 collection (including AF15) in order to afford this guy.  It has its problems like any comic book 80+ years old - it has a reproduction cover that's well done and the first page is torn, but otherwise complete.  The real problems were the production and the offset printing.  The pages were cut improperly for some stories and the Subby pages are difficult to read (they look like 3D glasses are needed).  What I found interesting was the story they printed in 1939.  It's corny and full of mannerisms and terms you'd find in film of that era. As many of you may know, it was not just common, but required to have at least two printed pages of story in order for a comic book to qualify for 3rd class postage rates back in the day.  The story they printed in the first issue is about auto racing.  What struck me is the word GASOLENE.  Is this how they spelled it back then?!

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

That is insane. I've never seen one on these boards.    Where did you buy this at when you found it?  

On 1/11/2020 at 7:35 PM, Summydad1 said:

Best is the ASM 129. No exciting purchase story. I saved up and purchased on eBay

Favorite is the Supergirl LOSH 23. I have three copies. 9.8, 9.6, NM raw. I collect Adam Hughes books. He really knows how to draw an asteroid. 

CBFF5F61-6275-4CA7-9BD7-C2CE8F78F612.jpeg

E263394E-4F07-44FC-AC00-8A144C59CAF4.jpeg

E381D447-BCAF-4FC4-A7AF-55575577D254.jpeg

I LOVE Adam Hughes Supergirl LOS  23... that book will define the Modern age.  

3 hours ago, JazzMan said:

I sold off my most of my graded ASM 1-100 collection (including AF15) in order to afford this guy.  It has its problems like any comic book 80+ years old - it has a reproduction cover that's well done and the first page is torn, but otherwise complete.  The real problems were the production and the offset printing.  The pages were cut improperly for some stories and the Subby pages are difficult to read (they look like 3D glasses are needed).  What I found interesting was the story they printed in 1939.  It's corny and full of mannerisms and terms you'd find in film of that era. As many of you may know, it was not just common, but required to have at least two printed pages of story in order for a comic book to qualify for 3rd class postage rates back in the day.  The story they printed in the first issue is about auto racing.  What struck me is the word GASOLENE.  Is this how they spelled it back then?!

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

wow what a book... marvel comics 1 damn where did you get that no wonder why it cost you your ASM collection including AF15.. to bad it has a repro cover but still hell of a book.