• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So does everyone skip the "assorted comics" section on Comiclink?

6 posts in this topic

The first book is in the session 3 CGC Graded Late bronze, Copper, and Modern Age Comic Books. The one below it with the same grade is in the "assorted Comics and other Memorabilia" section. I get that they make agreements with people that they won't have books compete with each other and drive the price down, but this kind of thing makes it seem like if you don't buy that first one there isn't another one available at all. LOTS of 9.8 and other high grade CGC books in that section and it feels like they are ignored just because of the session 4 title. Any thoughts?

image.thumb.png.915b9c1b4bfe7a8359a8e1dcb4e6f1ea.png

Edited by Mayor006

I don't skip it. I do go through it last though. I've put in one serious bid and some tracker bids in the other sections. I've yet to go through assorted but I will. It's a good place to find lower grade examples of books I might want but am unwilling (or unable) to afford in higher grade.

On 1/10/2020 at 2:51 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I don't skip it. I do go through it last though. I've put in one serious bid and some tracker bids in the other sections. I've yet to go through assorted but I will. It's a good place to find lower grade examples of books I might want but am unwilling (or unable) to afford in higher grade.

I think that's my point. The assumption is that these are all lower grade examples, but in reality there are a lot of 9.8s possibly getting over looked.

The high grade, key stuff like what you have in your example doesn't seem to go ignored. I've tracked some books that have multiple copies in the same grade (in the regular and assorted sections) and the assorted section ones don't seem to sell for any major difference. I look through it pretty regularly and will put tracking bids in.

I used to ignore this section, as it used to be just mainly drek.

However, as I consign a lot of books, I did start noticing that a lot of dupes of mine get put into that section versus in the past where they would have two books of the same grade listed right after each other.

I noticed that in a lot of cases, the second book does better because I think some people want to win something after their main targets are gone or they are looking for a few more books to make the shipping more economical.