• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT by Image Comics

5 posts in this topic

Was wondering if anyone out there could help me with the proper listing for an Image TMNT #1 (06/96).  I don't see it listed here in CGC, though I recently had it graded through them.  I believe the book was written by Jim Lee (maybe....) and the cover artist is Erik Larson.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you and be well... 

@JohnFrost

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for when you say "proper listing".

Here's a link to the census listing for issue number 1 of that series.

Here's a listing of the Image issues as described by Mirage Studios, the publishers of the original 80's comics.

Image is widely considered "Volume 3" of the series, though this is a polarizing opinion in the TMNT community.  Mirage Studios published volumes 1 & 2, but then image got the license and published their run of books.  It begins with a time skip since the last time we saw the turtles and by the end of the series, 3 of the turtles are permanently disfigured.  Ultimately, Mirage Studios put out Volume 4, which also started with a time skip.  The story never mentions the events that occurred in the Image run and none of the turtles are disfigured.  Peter Laird, the co-creator of the series and lead on Volume 4 insists that the events in the Image series never happened in his canon, but some people insist that it did happen in the main canon.  It's largely left up to the individual to decide what they think.

The original Image series never got a proper conclusion when it ran in the 90's.  However, IDW has been reprinting the issues and has plans to finish the series once and for all. 

10 hours ago, Turtle said:

@JohnFrost

Here's a listing of the Image issues as described by Mirage Studios, the publishers of the original 80's comics.

Image is widely considered "Volume 3" of the series, though this is a polarizing opinion in the TMNT community.  Mirage Studios published volumes 1 & 2, but then image got the license and published their run of books.  It begins with a time skip since the last time we saw the turtles and by the end of the series, 3 of the turtles are permanently disfigured.  Ultimately, Mirage Studios put out Volume 4, which also started with a time skip.  The story never mentions the events that occurred in the Image run and none of the turtles are disfigured.  Peter Laird, the co-creator of the series and lead on Volume 4 insists that the events in the Image series never happened in his canon, but some people insist that it did happen in the main canon.  It's largely left up to the individual to decide what they think.

The original Image series never got a proper conclusion when it ran in the 90's.  However, IDW has been reprinting the issues and has plans to finish the series once and for all. 

10 hours ago, Turtle said:

@JohnFrost

Thanks so much Turtle.  You were tremendous help and that is the right book!  Be well my friend!