• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay transaction advice

44 posts in this topic

I've currently got a retuen to the seller in progress - shows 'in transit'.

As it has for 10 days (it's an 8 hr drive max) - the couriers seem to have 'lost it'.

I suspect they didn't scan it as delivered.

So, ebay are making me wait for 28 days before refunding me - I'm assumimg after they get the refund from the courier.

It was ebays own return policy - I'd never use the courier they chose.

So seller sends me junk.I use ebays return policy and follow it to the letter, item gets lost - and I have to wait another 28 days to get my money back (nearly 40 in total)

It's a little bit flaccid really.

At least I WILL get a refund.Shame ebay/paypal keeps all the interest on all our money being held......

1 minute ago, Beige said:

I've currently got a retuen to the seller in progress - shows 'in transit'.

As it has for 10 days (it's an 8 hr drive max) - the couriers seem to have 'lost it'.

I suspect they didn't scan it as delivered.

So, ebay are making me wait for 28 days before refunding me - I'm assumimg after they get the refund from the courier.

It was ebays own return policy - I'd never use the courier they chose.

So seller sends me junk.I use ebays return policy and follow it to the letter, item gets lost - and I have to wait another 28 days to get my money back (nearly 40 in total)

It's a little bit flaccid really.

At least I WILL get a refund.Shame ebay/paypal keeps all the interest on all our money being held......

Not a fan of OnTrac myself.

13 minutes ago, kav said:

Not a fan of OnTrac myself.

ParcelPoint in Australia is ebays return 'partner'

And you have to drop the items off - no pickups

7 minutes ago, kav said:

No-I just consider it cost of doing business and keep all customers happy.  It's extremely rare and I'm not gonna live or die based on $100.

There is a difference between customer service and that.   If you are feeling that kind and generous, then at the minimum I would ask for a police report. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

There is a difference between customer service and that.   If you are feeling that kind and generous, then at the minimum I would ask for a police report. 

As I said its rare so I dont bother.  

Couple times I got pos feedback but comment indicated they weren't entirely satisfied so I just issued refund apologized and told them to keep item.

Edited by kav

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

He's not allowed to leave negative feedback in this type of case.

He may have screwed himself then jumping the gun and opening case without contacting you first-you seemed to indicate you wouldnt mind just refunding to him.

20 minutes ago, kav said:

He may have screwed himself then jumping the gun and opening case without contacting you first-you seemed to indicate you wouldnt mind just refunding to him.

If he had just asked me I probably would've and not even thought about contacting eBay as I was not aware of their policy.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

If he had just asked me I probably would've and not even thought about contacting eBay as I was not aware of their policy.

For extra bonus you can block 'im!  lol 

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

:whistle:

I can't be 100% sure there weren't shenanigans going on so I may have done that. 

246910734_Screenshot2019-10-24at8_52_19PM.png.0d236cdf0bc69b15d8cd9672d8b698ae.png

15 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Didn’t know they could track the package to its exact location. How did you get them to do this for you?

I called my local Post Office and got the Postmaster. We went round and round in a somewhat heated discussion.If the package is scanned by the carrier, I'm assuming it takes the address of the house they are in front of or the general location of the street. That is the impression I carried away from the discussion, but I could be wrong. At least he didn't give me the old" it states that it was delivered to your address" hokum he could have hidden behind.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:57 AM, lizards2 said:

My femailman informed me that when she was walking up to the door, a big buck came up out of the yard and challenged her.

Challenged her to what?  Rock paper scissors?  A friendly game of backgammon? Arm wrestling? :popcorn:

12 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Challenged her to what?  Rock paper scissors?  A friendly game of backgammon? Arm wrestling? :popcorn:

A duel.

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
18 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

A duel.

tenor.giftenor.gif?itemid=7486771:jokealert::takeit:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
18 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

A duel.

In that case she definitely should go with the Carlton.