• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay transaction advice

44 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, evilskip said:

I called my local Post Office and got the Postmaster. We went round and round in a somewhat heated discussion.If the package is scanned by the carrier, I'm assuming it takes the address of the house they are in front of or the general location of the street. That is the impression I carried away from the discussion, but I could be wrong. At least he didn't give me the old" it states that it was delivered to your address" hokum he could have hidden behind.

Yes, the scanner has a GPS embedded so they should be able to tell you where any parcel was when scanned.

I was a letter carrier for 37 years.  I've seen fellow employees get in trouble for scanning piles of parcels as delivered before they leave the depot or at a coffee shop etc.

I get one of these every 6 months or so, been selling on ebay forever...thousands of items. Maybe once or twice did I actually get the feeling they're legit. A mis-delivered item being the common culprit. Almost every other time its just a knucklehead probably trying to get me to be 'nice' and give him a free item. There's always people trying to abuse the system. At least Amazon knows when someone is a chronic complainer/scammer. Ebay you fend for yourself as a seller hoping other sellers do the right thing and report these buyers.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:21 AM, evilskip said:

I called my local Post Office and got the Postmaster. We went round and round in a somewhat heated discussion.If the package is scanned by the carrier, I'm assuming it takes the address of the house they are in front of or the general location of the street. That is the impression I carried away from the discussion, but I could be wrong. At least he didn't give me the old" it states that it was delivered to your address" hokum he could have hidden behind.

Good to know for future reference.