• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Culling the GA herd: 2020 Edition - Until 10:00 PM EST Sunday (1/12/20)
7 7

176 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, path4play said:

Marvel Mystery Comics #57 cgc grade 6.5 . One of the famed "P" books if people recall that find.

"Small piece out of margin of page 22, slightly affects story"

- Last GPA sale was $1920 Feb 2019 8.0.

Asking $1150

Big12.jpg

I love the "P" books.  I got quite a few of them myself.

1 hour ago, path4play said:

It’s hypothesized that an "M" may have earmarked the ownership between two brothers, contrasted with the similarly marked “P” books that were unearthed at an estate auction “in the middle of nowhere in NW Wisconsin.”

Sold on the bay a few years back.

“about 75% had a P on them and the rest had nothing or a M, I have no idea what those letters might mean. There were about 180 ‘good ones’ and around 50 that have bad damage, no covers or are not so desirable. This was an M bookauction near my cabin. I couldn’t believe they had them sitting on a table and anyone could go up and handle them. I also couldn’t believe there wasn’t much interest in them considering everyone has the internet and can easily look up values. I’ve been selling them since January and this week’s listings are the last of them. It was fun selling them and I did well money wise but I’m glad to see them go to collectors who will appreciate them.

The "P"s were the good ones.... and the "M"s were the bad ones.