• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st app Morgan Le Fey, Shuma-Gorath

27 posts in this topic

Do you work for Disney and you came here with the inside scoop on the next movies new characters?  lol
Shuma-Gorath is debated between Marvel Premiere #5 & #10 i think...  It is mentioned as spawning minions in #5 but don't remember if in the actual artwork.. #10 Might be the first time it is drawn/ depicted.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/shumagorath.htm

#5 is a super hard book to find in high grade, it took me years to find a raw 9.2, and according to the census still only 19 copies graded 9.2 and higher.  Then again this is not a popular book at all, so if we look at grades for Marvel Premiere #1 there's 350 copies 9.2 and higher.

1 hour ago, 90sChild said:

Do you work for Disney and you came here with the inside scoop on the next movies new characters?  lol
Shuma-Gorath is debated between Marvel Premiere #5 & #10 i think...  It is mentioned as spawning minions in #5 but don't remember if in the actual artwork.. #10 Might be the first time it is drawn/ depicted.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/shumagorath.htm

#5 is a super hard book to find in high grade, it took me years to find a raw 9.2, and according to the census still only 19 copies graded 9.2 and higher.  Then again this is not a popular book at all, so if we look at grades for Marvel Premiere #1 there's 350 copies 9.2 and higher.

Does CGC change their labels ever? I've seen Spiderwoman 2 graded and there's no mention of Morgan Le fey; same for Shuma on any of the Premieres...

Edited by drmanhattanite

They don't do the best job at tracking that stuff, you'll get better info from a google search.  To be fair to them though, all these C list and D list characters that nobody cared about for 30+ years are now just starting to come to the forefront as collectibles/ keys..

13 hours ago, 90sChild said:

They don't do the best job at tracking that stuff, you'll get better info from a google search.  To be fair to them though, all these C list and D list characters that nobody cared about for 30+ years are now just starting to come to the forefront as collectibles/ keys..

… and speculations.

23 hours ago, drmanhattanite said:

Does CGC change their labels ever? I've seen Spiderwoman 2 graded and there's no mention of Morgan Le fey; same for Shuma on any of the Premieres...

CGC concentrates on grading, not noting appearances of Z-list characters that nobody cared about for 40+ years until speculators finally started just last week because of stupid movie rumors.

Never rely on CGC's label notes if you want to know about the contents of an issue. Never!

The Shuma Gorath story by Peter B. Gillis in Strange Tales #1-18 (1987) is fantastic, and way underrated. For me personally, it's the best Dr. Strange story behind only Ditko's Dormammu/Eternity arc. If they adapted the Gillis run for the films I would eat a shoe. 

22 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

It’s 158 full appearance and yes it’s always hot.

Am partial to Strange Tales #157 that has Steranko cover and last page full image of the Living Tribunal who is named.  Similiar to valuation of 1st Carol Danvers $$ before costume vs. $$ of Hulk #180 compared to Hulk #181.

KF8nPIp.jpg

26 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

???

It can't be both.

Certainly can my old friend.

Under the radar to the flippers that buy only on movie hype.

Hot with those in the know. Ditko art and great cosmic character.

always sells for a premium in grade

Seldom talked about on the hype sites.

Happy Trolling good boy!

Edited by Shoomanfoo

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Am partial to Strange Tales #157 that has Steranko cover and last page full image of the Living Tribunal who is named.  Similiar to valuation of 1st Carol Danvers $$ before costume vs. $$ of Hulk #180 compared to Hulk #181.

KF8nPIp.jpg

Valid...it’s the cover that pushes 258 further. Tribunal vs Strange...Epic! 

5 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Certainly can my old friend.

Under the radar to the flippers that buy only on movie hype.

Hot with those in the know. Ditko art and great cosmic character.

always sells for a premium in grade

Seldom talked about on the hype sites.

Happy Trolling good boy!

Not Ditko art