• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Onsite signature verification: how does it work?

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a CGC rated comic in a holder that I want to have signed by the artist at WonderCon 2020. I've searched around for a bit but can't seem to find specific information on getting a CGC representative at the artist's booth during the signature to remove the comic from the holder and verify the signature before taking the comic to be regraded / re-holdered. My specific questions are:

1. Where do I go / who do I speak with to have a CGC rep at the artist's booth to verify the signature? Do I have to speak with the reps onsite?
  2. How much does it cost to have the CGC rep there?

• Administrator

Thanks for reaching out. 

First, you should verify that CGC will be at the shows where you'd like to have books signed: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/

If CGC isn't attending a particular show that you are, you can reach out to our authorized facilitators to witness and submit books on our behalf: https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/facilitators/

If CGC is attending the show, you would bring your book(s) to the CGC booth at that show.  We would crack the book out for you and set you up with a CGC Signature Series Witness.  They would witness the signature and walk you through dropping the book(s) off at the CGC booth before the end of the show.  The book(s) will be placed in a tamper proof bag until drop off.  Signature Series Witnesses are complementary.