• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants #98 DPS...How high will it go?

37 posts in this topic

Well, Jim Halperin snagged two pages with Deadpool on them last year at public auction—one on HA and the other on Hakes. He paid roughly 40K for each. My question is whether or not he’s interested in all NM98 pages or just the ones with Mr. Pool. Because if the latter, then he’s not driving up the price. My money is on it not meeting reserve meh

5 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Well, Jim Halperin snagged two pages with Deadpool on them last year at public auction—one on HA and the other on Hakes. He paid roughly 40K for each. My question is whether or not he’s interested in all NM98 pages or just the ones with Mr. Pool. Because if the latter, then he’s not driving up the price. My money is on it not meeting reserve meh

Rob Leifeld wants this, and publicized the eBay auction. So....

7 hours ago, tth2 said:

No 'Pool, no drool. 

Yeah exactly. I’m surprised the reserve was already tripped...so “low.” I expect sellers to not want to let this go for under one bajillion dollars. See: unrealistic expectations.

Edited by Jay Olie Espy

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Rob Leifeld wants this, and publicized the eBay auction. So....

I thought he was joking about that. I saw his Facebook post asking someone to "buy it for me."

Was he serious? 

55 minutes ago, Twanj said:

What's the draw? Gideon????

Big-Time Character!!!

Gonna be in a trilogy of films, signed a 10 season Netflix deal, and has finished finalizing the deal points on a line of underoos. 

Edited by comix4fun

10 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I thought he was joking about that. I saw his Facebook post asking someone to "buy it for me."

Was he serious? 

Wait...I interpreted the “Rob Liefeld wants this” statement (as if that mattered) as he was announcing to the world that he was going to the mat for this...but it turns out he’s not? 😒

5 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Wait...I interpreted the “Rob Liefeld wants this” statement (as if that mattered) as he was announcing to the world that he was going to the mat for this...but it turns out he’s not? 😒

I saw a facebook post by him saying something like "Hey, look at this....someone should buy it for me." It's the only thing I saw him post, along with a link to the auction. 

I didn't take that as him really wanting it as much as it sounded like him kidding around (otherwise he wouldn't be asking others to foot the bill jokingly). 

Maybe he posted somewhere else regarding his desire to own it. 

Edited by comix4fun

Here's a screen shot of what he actually posted. Didn't sounds serious at all. 

Maybe he tweeted, or snapped, or insta'd, or tik-tok'd, or flippedy-flapped...or whatever the kids call it these days...saying something else. 

1776401928_ScreenShot2020-01-12at9_40_31AM.thumb.png.a92e84a6b38b51c3793d699df296aa54.png

3 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Was he serious? 

I don’t think he was serious about someone buying it for him. But he certainly publicized the auction and probably wishes he could get it back. 

3 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Here's a screen shot of what he actually posted. Didn't sounds serious at all. 

Maybe he tweeted, or snapped, or insta'd, or tik-tok'd, or flippedy-flapped...or whatever the kids call it these days...saying something else. 

1776401928_ScreenShot2020-01-12at9_40_31AM.thumb.png.a92e84a6b38b51c3793d699df296aa54.png

He was certainly joking about ~someone else~ buying it for him.