• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants #98 DPS...How high will it go?

37 posts in this topic

Not my forte either but I think 10-15 .   Based on nothing other than dead pool pages at 40.    I think non dead pool would be a really significant discount.   This being a DPS helps though.   

Edited by Bronty

On 1/12/2020 at 2:15 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I don’t think he was serious about someone buying it for him. But he certainly publicized the auction and probably wishes he could get it back. 

If you've ever seen Liefeld at a convention, then you prob already know the seller...its David, his Convention rep that selling it.  Looks like Liefeld is just doing a solid and getting the piece out there.

2 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

It was still at $8100 until a sniper put in a $19,211 bid in the final seconds and it was still not enough to knock down the top bidder 😳

Blastaar: The $8100 remained in place until the final 5 seconds of the auction. Someone tried to snipe by putting in what he thought was a crazy high $19,211 bid, but that bid still wasn’t enough to win it.  Whoever was winning it at $8100 had put in a bid clearly over $19,211. I think $19.3k is a lot of money for that DPS, but the winner clearly was willing to pay more, maybe at least $20k? Yowza. 

1 minute ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Blastaar: The $8100 remained in place until the final 5 seconds of the auction. Someone tried to snipe by putting in what he thought was a crazy high $19,211 bid, but that bid still wasn’t enough to win it.  Whoever was winning it at $8100 had put in a bid clearly over $19,211. I think $19.3k is a lot of money for that DPS, but the winner clearly was willing to pay more, maybe at least $20k? Yowza. 

Yep. That was my reaction Crazy, not so much confused. I'm a skeptical person by nature, is it wrong to think that a dummy account was created to drive the price up to see what the market value was? 

5 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Yep. That was my reaction Crazy, not so much confused. I'm a skeptical person by nature, is it wrong to think that a dummy account was created to drive the price up to see what the market value was? 

The winner and underbidder have quite a bit of feedback so not likely I’d guess.  

27595AF1-9964-4839-8527-917FAFF543FC.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Never attribute to malice what can more easily be attributed to :insane: or :screwy: or just plain :flipbait:

8 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

And if I put the piece back on auction tomorrow I don’t assume my underbidder will show up, so I look at the third highest bid (in this case $8k) as the price of what I can get on a short sell; or at best, it’s a tango between the underbidder and the third highest bidder if I auctioned it off the next day. So in this case, there’s an $11k gap between the underbidder and third highest bidder and that would make me nervous. I hope this one is a keeper.  

I tried to enter a bid quite a bit higher than $8k, but it didn't go through for some reason :frustrated: