• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] ALL prices lowered, Final Discounts Posted! Recap page 4! GA slabs from my collection at non heart failure prices. LB Cole/Frazetta, Early Jumbos, Spy Smasher, Fawcett, Batman, etc.
7 7

103 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I think @lizards2 is far more likely to call Dwayne a pervert for taking the comic in which Supergirl reveals herself to the world...

I really wanted that one bad..., :sorry:

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Wow - I must be the crank of the boards.  And Sha must have the memory of a sharp, sharp elephant.

Since we're on my crankiness, I thought I'd throw in a new Public Service Announcement on Collection Cleanliness, or my anti-cootie tirade.  My newest beef is the comic bags and boards that come in on my purchases..., certainly not the ones from you, Sha, though, as you gets it.  :preach:

What is up with the toasted comic bags, covered with glue, stickers, sticker residue, tape, tape residue, snot, boogers, bile, Krispy Kreme donut slop, Dorito powder, bacon, eggs, dog hair, pubic hair AND stuff I'm afraid to identify in mixed company?  Are these battle scars from convention traveling, OR...., what???  And the backing boards - some have off-gassing from sitting in a garage for 20 years, and most are corner dunned, creased, yellowed to high heaven?  

No one want to receive additions to their prized collection in this junk.  And finally, wash your hands once in a while!  Have some pride people!!!  :foryou: 

No, I just think you are funny...:foryou:

I take off all old yellow bags by the corners and wash my hands;)  I'm never quite sure about that slime. I even replace bags that I've replaced since I bought the books, lol;) 

Jumbo Comics #26, From the Evelyn collection.sold to Alexandergladd

What must be a REALLY early Nick Cardy Cover, Bob Powell, etc art. 1941 Fiction House. CGC 4.5 c-1 OW

Bin is$225  $175 

Grader Notes:

Spoiler

Tear seals to cover (Non-archival material) Left Bottom Spine C-1
heavy foxing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover
multiple crease left bottom of back cover
multiple crease left top of back cover
small tear right center of front cover.

178245392_jumbo26cgc45c1front.thumb.jpeg.5e670e2e8da7d52603abd403f764efa5.jpeg

Spoiler

1698598621_jumbo26cgc45c1back.thumb.jpeg.baa2cfc6d62d7fca43d1d2dea00d29cd.jpeg

Edited by skypinkblu

Lost Worlds #6, CGC 3.5  B-1 OW/W Standard 1/52 Ross Andru, etc art.  sold to Red84

Last issue

Standard Comics

Bin is $125  $100

Grader Notes:

Spoiler

Color touch (Average quality or materials small areas) Right Center Front Cover B-1
light cover tanning to cover
light tears to cover
moderate creasing to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover
moderate staining to cover
small, multiple hole full left of whole book

756534953_lostworlds6cgc35front.thumb.jpeg.77d7a669567f51efed80895633765c21.jpeg

Spoiler

2121914135_lostworlds6cgc35c1back.thumb.jpeg.51bc0656fd251c3df8eac1ef2ffc6cb0.jpeg

Edited by skypinkblu

16 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
20 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Wow - I must be the crank of the boards.  And Sha must have the memory of a sharp, sharp elephant.

Since we're on my crankiness, I thought I'd throw in a new Public Service Announcement on Collection Cleanliness, or my anti-cootie tirade.  My newest beef is the comic bags and boards that come in on my purchases..., certainly not the ones from you, Sha, though, as you gets it.  :preach:

What is up with the toasted comic bags, covered with glue, stickers, sticker residue, tape, tape residue, snot, boogers, bile, Krispy Kreme donut slop, Dorito powder, bacon, eggs, dog hair, pubic hair AND stuff I'm afraid to identify in mixed company?  Are these battle scars from convention traveling, OR...., what???  And the backing boards - some have off-gassing from sitting in a garage for 20 years, and most are corner dunned, creased, yellowed to high heaven?  

No one want to receive additions to their prized collection in this junk.  And finally, wash your hands once in a while!  Have some pride people!!!  :foryou: 

No, I just think you are funny...:foryou:

I take off all old yellow bags by the corners and wash my hands;)  I'm never quite sure about that slime. I even replace bags that I've replaced since I bought the books, lol;) 

I'm getting this visual image of you removing your rubber gloves afterwards, with a "snap", "snap".

Maybe if I didn't go to a weird movie Friday night, I would have listed on Sat and no one would have been at church;)  Very weird movie..."Uncut Gems"

You guys think you are addicted to comics, try BASKETBALL betting;) 

Manhunt #13, Magazine Enterprises 1952, CGC 7.5 OW/W L.B. Cole Art

8 on the Census. I know a copy went much higher recently but I can't find the reference. The 12's have been insanely priced.

Bin $525  $475

2063257873_manhunt13cgc75front.thumb.jpeg.babec2eda01d10aea49b83a9eb5647cd.jpeg

Spoiler

619726961_manhunt13cgc75back.thumb.jpeg.6dfd5c11423da478964299f58a62ac22.jpeg

spoiler

Edited by skypinkblu

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

I'm getting this visual image of you removing your rubber gloves afterwards, with a "snap", "snap".

If I owned any, I'd use them...plastic supermarket bags work, lol...or a tissue;) I don't love gloves.

32 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Detective Comics #77 CGC C-1 5.0 S B. From the Evelyn Collection.

This is a great cover, one of the few Detectives I kept because I liked the cover.  Robin in a bottle...instead of some ordinary "hot babe" type in a bottle;) 

I had this book slabbed, the pages seemed fine and I looked. I don't see a notation in the notes about slightly brittle, so I can only think it's the lower left corner or so "slight" I didn't notice.

Bin $275

Grader Notes:
Color touch (Non-archival material small areas) Bottom Front Cover C-1
Color touch (Non-archival material small areas) Left Bottom Front Cover C-1
Tear seals to cover (Non-archival material) Left Center Front Cover C-1
multiple tape interior cover
split bottom of spine
tape centerfold
tape top of interior spine

673033893_detective77cgc50c1front.thumb.jpeg.dc554efd5fac91dc43c0ebe432bf0507.jpeg

back cover

Reveal hidden contents

1760785034_detective77cgc50c-1.thumb.jpeg.54e5efb6c3aecd3a944e5d722a71fd1d.jpeg

:takeit:

Plastic Man #39, CGC 5.0 OW/W, Quality's version of Precode Horror, 5 on census, scarce.

Quality really wrote wonderful stories. Of course if you don't have manicured nails you could break out the book and read it;) Bin is $350  sold to Bounty_coder

72728432_plasticman39cgc50front.thumb.jpeg.6c5f4356ec3cf7870687229545111955.jpeg

back cover

Spoiler

1177204399_plasticman39cgc50back.thumb.jpeg.e41e64145eb209c1ff5f4a27b39753fc.jpeg

Edited by skypinkblu

The Saint #5, Avon 1949. CGC 4.5 OW. Ann Brewster art. OK, even I think this is a sexy lady cover;)

Since I love learning about female GA artists, I thought I'd share some info.

Ann Brewster was a female artist working in American comic books during the 1940s and 1950s. Her real name was Shirley Sonya Zweifach and she was born in New York City in 1918. She was originally interested in a career as a fashion designer and enrolled at the Cooper Union Art School in 1937. Upon graduation in 1941, she began to look for work as a commercial artist under the pen name Ann Brewster. In 1942, she was hired to work in Jack Binder's studio, that produced comic book 

artwork for companies like Fawcett, Timely and Street & Smith. In 1944 she joined Jerry Iger's shop, that worked for Quality Comics, Holyoke and Gilberton.

Her earliest known credit is 'Samar' for Quality Comics in 1941. She then did art on Fawcett's 'Bulletman' and 'Mr. Scarlet', before becoming an inker on 'Blackstone' (Street & Smith), 'Rip Carson' (Fiction House), 'The Hawk' (Fiction House) and 'Frankenstrein' (Gilberton). Brewster was a longtime inker on Gilberton's 'Classics Illustrated' series (1945-1961).

Her pencil work appeared on features like 'Yankee Girl' (Chesler), 'The Saint' (Avon), 'Igor the Archer' (EC), 'Madelon' (EC) and Feature Comics's 'Jr. Rangers' and 'Yank and Doodle'. For Better Publications, she did a section called 'Hobby Corner'. She was addionally present in Lev Gleason's 'Crime Does Not Pay', EC's 'Crime Patrol' and Eastern Color Printing's 'Heroic Comics'.

In the 1950s Brewster was mainly present in the Timely/Atlas romance titles, such as 'Lovers', 'Love Romances', 'Stories of Romance', 'True Secrets' and 'True Tales of Love', but also in 'All True Crime Cases', 'Crime Must Lose', 'Space Worlds' and 'Journey into Mystery'. She also did romance stories for Fawcett, DC Comics and Feature Comics. For Gilberton, she contributed to 'The World Around Us'.

In the 1960s and 1970s she was mainly active as an illustrator. She illustrated books for Wonder Books ('Bible Stories to Read Aloud' by Oscar Weigle), Hammond Map ('Animal Atlas of the World' by E.L. Jordan) and Atheneum Books ('Silver Wolf' by Paige Dixon), and stories in Humpty-Dumpty's Magazine for Little Children. She retired from illustration in 1980.

Ann Brewster on the Kirby Museum blog
Ann Brewster on pulpartists.com

Bin is $325.  $288

185338592_thesaint5cgc45front.thumb.jpeg.e634f60a8fdaa3000634ae10a8be7880.jpeg

Back cover

Spoiler

1656107525_saint5cgc45back.thumb.jpeg.142c3ff4c2c44b31864c76af606ee5ca.jpeg

Edited by skypinkblu

28 minutes ago, Azkaban said:

headed off to church, any Supergirl comics come up I have the right of first refusal lol

Could you please post the SA now, while Azkaban is gone?  Excited Coffee GIF by GEICOgiphy.gif