• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 70s comic, redhead girl, black man
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Hey all

I joined here to ask a question, because I'm s.o.l trying to figure ut out for myself. 

As a kid I had 2 comic books, The A4 size ones, that featured a redhead girl, and a black man Who as far as I can recall looked a lot like Jimmie Hendrix. 

They were of course crimefighters, and made use of kung fu and shurikens. 

It was quite bloody I think. 

But I cannot for the life of me figure out what the comic was called. 

I've been googling on and off for years now, but to no avail. 

And then I had an apiffany, there is a whole community of knowledgeable people I could simply ask! So here I am. 

If anybody has a clue what I'm on about, I'd be happy as a pig in mud if you could steer me in The right direction.

Cheers! 

//Johan

Did they look at all like this? If not, could you give a better estimate of maybe the year or closest?

A4 sounds like a magazine (maybe even british reprints). Was it a standard comic size or different?

Here's some obscure british titles, https://britishcomics.wordpress.com/2015/04/02/mask/

For US comics, have a look around here, http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/newsstand.php?type=cover&month=1&year=1976

Most kung fu themed titles occured about this time.

lcage.jpg

Edited by bronze_rules

Colleen Wing was the first character I thought of, but Cage doesn't match the Hendrix description.

Edited by Ken Aldred

17 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

Waitamin! The jimmy Hendrix part... this dude fits the bill on that. Late 70s though. Lady partner's a blonde, though.

Let me know if it's him, I'll tell the title.

ss.jpg

I’d considered that one as well, apart from the hair colour difference.

Sabre, one of the most well-known 70s graphic novels.

More post-apocalyptic than purely martial arts, another reason I didn’t suggest it.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

fwj5.jpg

Being a non-athletic science nerd, I’m unsure about whether the use of kung fu and shurikens is allowed in a game of basketball.

10 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Being a non-athletic science nerd, I’m unsure about whether the use of kung fu and shurikens is allowed in a game of basketball.

I can dig it.