• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four # 2

12 posts in this topic

I've been lucky enough to come into possession of a lot of comics, many old and early issues, in pretty good shape.  I'm trying to research to decide which to have graded and which to just sell as they are.  I am wanting to submit this comic for grading.  When looking up the FMV, I found some that went for over $1,000 without being graded but there weren't many to compare.  I'm hoping to find what people with experience feel it's condition is so I know what tier to submit it under.

Thank you, in advance, for any information you can provide.

20200112_222924_resized.jpg

20200112_223316_resized.jpg

20200112_224347_resized.jpg

20200112_224208_resized.jpg

Nice-presenting copy.  I'd say about a 3.5 depending on how it is in-hand.  Looks like it has a sub crease that breaks color a bit on the front and the tanning and light staining/soiling of the cover would keep it out of a range higher than VG in my view.  That said, it's complete and solid and should be a pretty copy in a slab, which at a 3.5 grade would be in the $1500-$1600 range based on recent data.

If you decide to sell your books you should try the boards here first!

I would agree with the 3.5 range on this one. The chips, chews and stains on the spine and the cover edges are small but problematic, and the rest of the book seems to be in the Very Good area. 

Still, even in this condition, this book has value. The Standard tier is likely the one I would choose for this comic.  

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!   

Edited by The Lions Den

6 hours ago, vaillant said:

I don’t think it's possible to have a VG 4.0 with that hole and general wear.
I'd be comfortable with a 3.0 or 3.5 max.

Yeah, it gets marked down to a 4.0 already due to the subscription crease (with colour break) so there's just a few too many extra defects, like the hole that keeps lowering the grade. I too would say about 3.0-3.5