• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Raw Return not allowed - cgc counts as “altered “
2 2

163 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

:eek: I sure hope you use better pictures than that when selling on eBay.

Ebay NM++ 9.8 pictures for sure.

If you're selling high grade books on ebay SCAN THEM....'Nuff Said.

I'm completely at a loss for sellers with  cell phone pictures of raw books...slabs so so...its a slabbed book..raw books..never.......especially boardies selling 9.8s

14 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

No i send everything i buy from Ebay to CGC immediately for just that reason. I didn't pay $1000 for a $250 book. He missed something, i missed something, CGC caught it, and a 7.5 is far from a 9.0, but instead of being a stand-up seller saying yeah thats not right, he said too bad, it's CGC graded now, not like i gave it to you. Which makes me think immediately, seller didn't miss anything, he knew....

I'll go tooth and nail with your points NOOB...:slapfight:

What's your ebay ID? 

10 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Ebay NM++ 9.8 pictures for sure.

If you're selling high grade books on ebay SCAN THEM....'Nuff Said.

I'm completely at a loss for sellers with  cell phone pictures of raw books...slabs so so...its a slabbed book..raw books..never.......especially boardies selling 9.8s

I don't think I've ever bought a HG raw book off eBay that had semi blurry cell phone pics, but  I know people who have and have hit a jackpot.

I'm not comfortable throwing my money at a risk like that when there are hundreds of items I can buy that have nice, clear scans.

26 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
17 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I dont know why people on ebay even list a grade for raws.

Because some of us actually know how to grade? (shrug)

But what if the buyer doesnt and goes ballistic?

5 minutes ago, kav said:

But what if the buyer doesnt and goes ballistic?

In the original scenario the buyer was a dope. I'm sorry to be so blunt but if you buy a raw 9.8 and it comes back a 9.6 it is what it is and should've been the end of it.

If the buyer had paid for a 9.6 raw and it came back a 9.8 he wouldn't complain right?

Those of us who regularly get books slabbed have seen countless examples of 9.6's sitting in 9.8 holders and 9.8's sitting in 9.6 holders.

(shrug)

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

I don't think I've ever bought a HG raw book off eBay that had semi blurry cell phone pics, but  I know people who have and have hit a jackpot.

I'm not comfortable throwing my money at a risk like that when there are hundreds of items I can buy that have nice, clear scans.

I bought a $25 printer and scanner at Walmart and get crystal clear scans. There's no confusion what you are looking at when I list a book. Yeah I'll snap a picture or 2 depending on the value of the book,like the centerfold ECT but the covers are always scans

In the original scenario the buyer was a dope. I'm sorry to be so blunt but if you buy a raw 9.8 and it comes back a 9.6 it is what it is and should've been the end of it.

If the buyer had paid for a 9.6 raw and it came back a 9.8 he wouldn't complain right?

Those of us who regularly get books slabbed have seen countless examples of 9.6's sitting in 9.8 holders and 9.8's sitting in 9.6 holders.

(shrug)

100% agree on all points.  The reason I dont think its good to list a 9.8, even if you are a professional grader, is because you can still get angry buyer who doesnt know how to grade and insists it's NOT a 9.8 and goes all ballistic.

1 minute ago, kav said:

100% agree on all points.  The reason I dont think its good to list a 9.8, even if you are a professional grader, is because you can still get angry buyer who doesnt know how to grade and insists it's NOT a 9.8 and goes all ballistic.

I don't think I've ever given a 9.8 grade to a raw book on eBay, I just list it as NM+ and when I do that I'm fairly confident it would come back at least a 9.6.

But I almost never sell raw books as they're more of a hassle for me, seems like work.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I don't think I've ever given a 9.8 grade to a raw book on eBay, I just list it as NM+ and when I do that I'm fairly confident it would come back at least a 9.6.

But I almost never sell raw books as they're more of a hassle for me, seems like work.

As I've said countless times I never give grades on ebay.  Just clear pics and minute reckoning of every flaw.  Dont wanna run afoul of some goofus disagreeing with my grade.

6 minutes ago, kav said:

As I've said countless times I never give grades on ebay.  Just clear pics and minute reckoning of every flaw.  Dont wanna run afoul of some goofus disagreeing with my grade.

Not what I would do, it always makes me feel like they're trying to hide something, but to each their own. (shrug)

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Not what I would do, it always makes me feel like they're trying to hide something, but to each their own. (shrug)

I'd rather people be suspicious that run afoul of goofus.  If someone suspicious there's always other buyers.

(shrug)

I agree

It's a gamble

I've also seen countless times where people guarantee grades and it doesn't come back anywhere close to it.

Granted there are good graders, but I feel alot more comfortable buying a slabbed book, because the grade is already there.

And you are absolutely correct there are 9.8s in 9.6s and vice versa.

I also believe there is a different grading scale as it pertains to age.

Edited by Hollywood1892

18 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

What do you do with your non gradable books or rejects?  Sell them to Hector?

11 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

What do you do with your non gradable books or rejects?  Sell them to Hector?

I have a small stack of rejects that I'll get around to listing eventually. I'm so lazy with them that occasionally whatever book it is will get hot and it's worth subbing even to get a 9.2. Case in point I had a couple of Ultimate Fallout 4's in the reject pile and subbed them, turned some decent net profit on those.

Who's Hector?

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I have a small stack of rejects that I'll get around to listing eventually. I'm so lazy with them that occasionally whatever book it is will get hot and it's worth subbing even to get a 9.2. Case in point I had a couple of Ultimate Fallout 4's in the reject pile and subbed them, turned some decent net profit on those.

Who's Hector?

Hector.png