• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Raw Return not allowed - cgc counts as “altered “
2 2

163 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

How though can one decipher between a 9.8 and a 9.6? Impossible! I have graded 9.8's that look worse than my 9.6 graded books. It's really a flip of a coin whether it's one or the other.

I don't agree with that 100%

I have had books come back 9.6 that should be 9.8 and vice versa, but when I'm looking for unslabbed books for slabbing consideration there are several times when I come across books that are hard 9.8's and soft 9.8's...the soft ones are generally the coin flips IMHO.

Sometimes when you have a book in hand, you know from experience the only way it's not coming back 9.8 is if something happens to the book between shipping to CGC and their encapsulating it.

39 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

So, will the OP deleting his posts gloating about how he got one over on a buyer due to a technicality really make anyone forget it happened?

:facepalm:

Buyer got exactly what he paid for-a raw book listed as a 9.8 on ebay which means nothing and is a gamble.  

42 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

What does that have to do with what i said?

It negates the 'got one over on buyer' charge.

4 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

So he didn't gloat about blocking a return on a technicality?

I mean, I know he deleted the posts, but I know what I saw (shrug)

I didnt address the gloating I merely stated "Buyer got exactly what he paid for-a raw book listed as a 9.8 on ebay which means nothing and is a gamble. "
In response to you saying he got one over on the buyer.  It's buyer beware-especially if someone lists a book as a raw 9.8.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

I didnt address the gloating I merely stated "Buyer got exactly what he paid for-a raw book listed as a 9.8 on ebay which means nothing and is a gamble. "
In response to you saying he got one over on the buyer.  It's buyer beware-especially if someone lists a book as a raw 9.8.

I agree it's buyer beware and I agree that if you buy a 9.8 raw and it comes back a 9.6 you shouldn't try to return it.

I also agree with the fact he was in here gloating about not having to return the book on a technicality.

With 3 main grading companies and another few no one has ever heard of... why would you even want to gamble by giving out a certain grade knowing the buyer could use a 3rd world grading company and be way off from what our CGC would have given it? Whew. Talk about run on sentences. Anyhew...  if the buyer subs to a lesser know grading company and complains about the difference in grade is Ebay gonna understand and tell the buyer they can't ask for a refund because they didn't use CGC? 

9 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I agree it's buyer beware and I agree that if you buy a 9.8 raw and it comes back a 9.6 you shouldn't try to return it.

I also agree with the fact he was in here gloating about not having to return the book on a technicality.

We are 100% in agreeance, as they say on Judge Judy.