• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Raw Return not allowed - cgc counts as “altered “
2 2

163 posts in this topic

I paid $400 CDN for New Mutants 98 when I first started collecting... he said it would come back 9.8. I was naive, so it is my fault. But you learn from these mistakes as a collector. You have to be internally satisfied with the price you pay when your buying a raw book.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I paid $400 CDN for New Mutants 98 when I first started collecting... he said it would come back 9.8. I was naive, so it is my fault. But you learn from these mistakes as a collector. You have to be internally satisfied with the price you pay when your buying a raw book.

You did eventually get a 9.8, right? 

Those can be tough lessons, but now you can teach others :)

You should see my 7.0 Batman Adventures #12 that I was sure was VF/NM lol 

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Shadow Images said:

Mods should rename the thread " how to ruin your rep in one post".    Deleting his post just makes him look schisty.

lol

He did that long ago.

Good old Obadiah Oldbuck.

On 1/16/2020 at 3:02 PM, Logan510 said:

I'm forced to offer 30 day refunds on eBay because of my seller status, but even if I wasn't forced to do it I would do it anyway because good customer service. 2c

We have a well historied difference of opinion on this especially because I deal with different objects and an oft times irrational customer base. 

Have you had instances of entitlement that stopped you in your tracks?  I have someone that continually messages me asking if I will break up a jewelry set.  At first for a year she would check in every four weeks as to if I would break up a set and sell a pendant / enhancer from a set with the matching bracelet.   I would politely decline and explain that I will only sell it as a set and thank her for her interest. 

This has gone on for a year. 

Today she asked if I would sell her the bracelet as she picked up the pendant and now wants the bracelet in the size I am selling it.

I declined. 

Then she asked if she could send me the bracelet that she has + $40 and trade bracelets - she wants the small and would trade me a medium. 

I declined but told her I respected her persistence.

Now she wrote me a LONG note asking me to explain myself as to why I will not agree to her requests and upped it to trade the bracelet + $50 AND a prepaid envelope.  

I don't do trades.  I don't do it with comics, art, toys and certainly not jewelry. 

Side note... My aunt was a certain type of buyer that you had in your thread.  She was on the phone complaining as a buyer with eBay that she never received a package, calling up the USPS to lodge a complaint, called eBay and Paypal to see if she was covered and was considering opening a case against the seller to let him deal with the problem. 

My cousin saw the package and took it inside for her.  She didn't see it. 

smh 

1 hour ago, Park said:

lol

He did that long ago.

Good old Obadiah Oldbuck.

What was the other thing he was involved with besides Obadiah Oldbuck? 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 5:59 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I just sent messages to all the buyers listed on your screenshot and told them you have the world's largest sex doll collection..

Unopened in their original packing, or heavily used and spine rolled, in dire need of a cleaning and pressing? :devil:

6 hours ago, Pontoon said:

The internet never forgets. 

17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

We have a well historied difference of opinion on this especially because I deal with different objects and an oft times irrational customer base. 

Have you had instances of entitlement that stopped you in your tracks?  I have someone that continually messages me asking if I will break up a jewelry set.  At first for a year she would check in every four weeks as to if I would break up a set and sell a pendant / enhancer from a set with the matching bracelet.   I would politely decline and explain that I will only sell it as a set and thank her for her interest. 

This has gone on for a year. 

Today she asked if I would sell her the bracelet as she picked up the pendant and now wants the bracelet in the size I am selling it.

I declined. 

Then she asked if she could send me the bracelet that she has + $40 and trade bracelets - she wants the small and would trade me a medium. 

I declined but told her I respected her persistence.

Now she wrote me a LONG note asking me to explain myself as to why I will not agree to her requests and upped it to trade the bracelet + $50 AND a prepaid envelope.  

I don't do trades.  I don't do it with comics, art, toys and certainly not jewelry. 

Side note... My aunt was a certain type of buyer that you had in your thread.  She was on the phone complaining as a buyer with eBay that she never received a package, calling up the USPS to lodge a complaint, called eBay and Paypal to see if she was covered and was considering opening a case against the seller to let him deal with the problem. 

My cousin saw the package and took it inside for her.  She didn't see it. 

smh 

I admire your patience.  You could have easily just blocked her.  Sounds like an incredibly entitled spoiled individual.  I WANT IT!  WELL WHY CANT I HAVE WHAT I WANT-EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!
I learned long ago never to explain a 'no'-it just gives them something to argue.  When someone asks me and I say no and they say 'why not' I say 'no reason'.

If you give a reason you are toast:
"Can I borrow your car tomorrow?"
"No"
"Why not?"
"I need to use it tomorrow"
"OK what about the next day-"
What you have done in this example is blockaded yourself into a corner with your 'reason' now if they can find a way that makes your reason invalid you are trapped.

Never give a reason.

29 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
6 hours ago, Pontoon said:

The internet never forgets. 

Nor rock n roll according to Bob Seger 

Knowledgeable grading is important in this hobby!!I

I purchased this item off eBay, graded (9.8 All grading) , to see how grading was, hoping for the best 🤞

1359860A-D19F-43FA-894F-D105E6332A5E.jpeg.368c9d64164b3499a87206f1707ecc4e.jpeg

Once in hand I realized it would grade no better than a 9.0.. No way would I pay for submission to CGC once in my hands..Took a chance, To see how the seller was grading, after I received the comic I just informed seller that they were paying a grading company that was way off. I didn’t ask for any refunds or compensation. Just let the seller know the grading company he was using was off (by my and CGC standards.) the seller was appreciative of the info.
*— Know how to grade, before submitting.. my 2cF25B13FA-81E7-4532-9A54-471F5BD487A0.thumb.png.3fe88a8d5c92c7a6f6fc8c50e901fdfc.png

Edited by nepatkm

6 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Knowledgeable grading is important in this hobby!!I

I purchased this item off eBay, graded (9.8 All grading) , to see how grading was, hoping for the best 🤞

1359860A-D19F-43FA-894F-D105E6332A5E.jpeg.368c9d64164b3499a87206f1707ecc4e.jpeg

Once in hand I realized it would grade no better than a 9.0.. No way would I pay for submission to CGC once in my hands..Took a chance, To see how the seller was grading, after I received the comic I just informed seller that they were paying a grading company that was way off. I didn’t ask for any refunds or compensation. Just let the seller know the grading company he was using was off (by my and CGC standards.) the seller was appreciative of the info.
*— Know how to grade, before submitting.. my 2cF25B13FA-81E7-4532-9A54-471F5BD487A0.thumb.png.3fe88a8d5c92c7a6f6fc8c50e901fdfc.png

Well with 1061 graded books I'd  be afraid to even touch that book.

8 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Well with 1061 graded books I'd  be afraid to even touch that book.

Needed to see that grading firsthand. Can’t believe people pay for that. :flamed: