• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Raw Return not allowed - cgc counts as “altered “
2 2

163 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is there a spine roll? No? 9.8 :sumo:

Spine roll —yes 😕

Discoloring of cover- yes 😒

rust on staples- Yes 😫

—All checked No by ALL grading. 🤨

18 minutes ago, slym2none said:

That is a horrible cover...

-slym

Agee, @slym2none Still, I’ve seen worse- I need a copy in CGC 9.8 to complete my graded collection. ( besides it’s the story inside that counts, right. 🧐) 👍

40 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Agee, @slym2none Still, I’ve seen worse- I need a copy in CGC 9.8 to complete my graded collection. ( besides it’s the story inside that counts, right. 🧐) 👍

I just keep looking at it... and aside from some of the proportions on the guns, what I keep thinking is "WHY is that woman standing... squatting... why is she posed like that??? Why is Punny posed like that?" Those are some awful, Rob Liefeld-esque poses.

lol

-slym

On 1/13/2020 at 5:39 PM, kav said:

This topic has come up several times.  In a nutshell:
Ebay listed raw grades are not and cannot be guaranteed.

Thats why raws are cheaper.

You shouldnt be able to get a slab-guaranteed raw grade buying raws, and return books when it doesnt happen in order to accomplish this.

The End

Agreed I never see a thread about this seller sold me a 9.4 and I got a 9.8 Thanks

There are buyers that play the game above. I will not do business with them once I see
them starting to play this game. I have only had a few so far, but they are out there.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:32 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

Ebay NM++ 9.8 pictures for sure.

If you're selling high grade books on ebay SCAN THEM....'Nuff Said.

I'm completely at a loss for sellers with  cell phone pictures of raw books...slabs so so...its a slabbed book..raw books..never.......especially boardies selling 9.8s

But... They are not professional graders

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Agreed I never see a thread about this seller sold me a 9.4 and I got a 9.8 Thanks

There are buyers that play the game above. I will not do business with them once I see
them starting to play this game. I have only had a few so far, but they are out there.

You buy a raw you roll the dice.  Assuming the seller can accurately predict CGC grade when 9.6-9.8 is often a wobbler is ridiculous.  Demanding the assurance of a slab 9.8 at raw prices is just greedy.

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yup... at @kav suggestion... I blocked the potential buyer.  She is cray cray with a heavy dose of entitlement. 

Later dude!

On 1/18/2020 at 1:10 PM, Buzzetta said:
On 1/18/2020 at 9:51 AM, mrwoogieman said:

Some people are their own worst enemy.

Yup... at @kav suggestion... I blocked the potential buyer.  She is cray cray with a heavy dose of entitlement. 

I was actually thinking of the OP when I posted that, but it has near-universal application anyway.

I am 100% certain if the buyer had come here complaining that he bought a raw book listed as a 9.8 and it came back a 9.6 and the seller was able to block the return, he would have likewise been met with pitchforks and torches.  These type threads always lead to a pile on.