David Mazzucchelli Appearance
1 1

14 posts in this topic

9,146 posts

First appearance I've ever seen for him. 

548 posts

Great find and I hope David agrees to sign for CGC in the future! 

175 posts
7 hours ago, MedicAR said:

I know he doesn't do CGC, but I thought this might still be of interest given that he rarely makes appearances...

https://www.fanfairenyc.com/guests

I wonder if he can be convinced to change his mind... anybody know whether he's been approached recently about cgc signing?

175 posts
9 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

You've got a better chance of getting Jack Kirby.

Let me get my ouija board.

Point taken... I'm just not familiar with his reasoning.  Does he think he's to good of an artist to be bothered with it?  Is he opposed to slabbing comics?  I'm wondering if anybody's asked him recently to reconsider his position.  If I'm not mistaken, there have been other creators in the past who weren't keen on CGC signings but warmed up to it later.hm

318 posts
On 1/15/2020 at 4:21 PM, DJones said:

Point taken... I'm just not familiar with his reasoning.  Does he think he's to good of an artist to be bothered with it?  Is he opposed to slabbing comics?  I'm wondering if anybody's asked him recently to reconsider his position.  If I'm not mistaken, there have been other creators in the past who weren't keen on CGC signings but warmed up to it later.hm

I was told a couple years ago that "he doesn't think that comics are 'real' art"  ... so, if true, the "too good for comic fans" theory is pretty spot on.  I'm surprised because he works as a professor at SVA in NYC with Klaus Janson.  I wonder if he sees Klaus bringing in a bunch of extra side money and is starting to re-think his decision to avoid conventions.

28 posts

Will cgc be there for any of the other creators?

175 posts

I believe Rich Henn will be there facilitating.

20,743 posts
On 1/18/2020 at 1:34 PM, 315008 said:

Will cgc be there for any of the other creators?

@315008

@Chazgee

I will be there Saturday 2/8 ONLY.  I will not be there both days.  If anyone is looking to sub books for signature series, please try to be there on Saturday  (thumbsu

Please note, I can also hold books to move forward to additional shows if you need signatures added.

5,547 posts

It says that he will be signing on Saturday two autograph maximum at $40.00 per auto. hm