• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please stop casting Jared Leto in comic book movies

53 posts in this topic

I would say IMO the following movies were successful DESPITE his appearance - some small and some larger than others 

“Fight Club “

”Thin Red Line “

“ Blade Runner 2049”

“Switchback “

and for sentimental purposes
“ My so Called Life” 

fight club and thin red line are high on my list of favorite movies 

I also feel “ Dallas Buyers Club “ as well as “ Requiem for a Dream “ were good flicks 

I can’t say he’s ever had a stand out amazing performance and loathed his casting as the “Joker” as well as  musically ( and I use that term loosely ) 30 seconds to Mars 

While I can't say I necessarily hate Leto's castings in movies, I prefer that other actors had gotten the parts on more serious merit.

...That being said, I can't help but feel that it's the stigma for male vampires to just look effeminate now. Could that be stopped, please? :baiting:

1 hour ago, Skylath said:

While I can't say I necessarily hate Leto's castings in movies, I prefer that other actors had gotten the parts on more serious merit.

...That being said, I can't help but feel that it's the stigma for male vampires to just look effeminate now. Could that be stopped, please? :baiting:

I don't know that that's new. They've always had narrow faces, gaunt figures, and the like. 

That said, I do see the appeal of packing on some muscles.

Image result for buff vampire

Edited by DavidTheDavid

I hadn't seen the trailer until just now. I wanted to be excited about this, but I'm not.  It looks extremely cookie cutter and flat. Hopefully later trailers will add something more. I don't mind the lead, certainly am not going to avoid watching a movie just because hes in it.

6 hours ago, speedcake said:

I hadn't seen the trailer until just now. I wanted to be excited about this, but I'm not.  It looks extremely cookie cutter and flat. Hopefully later trailers will add something more. I don't mind the lead, certainly am not going to avoid watching a movie just because hes in it.

To me, it looked like someone was cribbing camera shots from a Batman movie: i.e., bats swirling upwards in a funnel.