• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please stop casting Jared Leto in comic book movies

53 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Terrible story? WTF were you watching?  The passion ignited in me by that movie is a force to be reckoned with. If we were in the same room together I would stand with my fists in the air bellowing the beauty of this film with whatever intellectual or seemingly coherent verbiage I could find. I’m just a crazy weirdo who likes “Fight Club” ehhh??? 

+1 It's a philosophical/psychological tour de force. Absolutely.

1 hour ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

“The things you own end up owning you.”

I hope not to get in a battle of opinions but dear God, the philosophical elements of Fight Club (the book too!!) are absolutely brilliant. It’s about freeing yourself, finding your true nature, playing with imagination, the beauty of destruction, the elements of personal relationships....

Terrible story? WTF were you watching?  The passion ignited in me by that movie is a force to be reckoned with. If we were in the same room together I would stand with my fists in the air bellowing the beauty of this film with whatever intellectual or seemingly coherent verbiage I could find. I’m just a crazy weirdo who likes “Fight Club” ehhh??? 

We are definitely cattle. I know I am 

1 hour ago, bentbryan said:
7 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Yeah but to think of the guy who played Beetlejuice being cast as Batman was quite a stretch in those days

Ha I don’t think so much Beetlejuice but rather Mr Mom 😆

That too lol 

On 1/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I don't know that that's new. They've always had narrow faces, gaunt figures, and the like. 

That said, I do see the appeal of packing on some muscles.

Image result for buff vampire

That's an awesome Rob Liefeld original. You should frame it.

There are a lot of actors that are annoying in interviews but I watch them for their craft. Leto was great in Requiem for a dream, Lord of War, Blade Runner and Mr. Nobody. Dallas Buyers Club earned him a well deserved Academy Award, Golden Globe and others. His performance as the Joker obviously did not work and part of that blame falls on the director. Leto played a version of the Joker as it was written for him. We tend to give actors too much credit for both their successes and failures.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:30 AM, Jeffro. said:

That's what a lot of people said about Michael Keaton at the time. You just never know though until you see it.

True. Guess I'll reserve judgement until I see  trailer, at least.