• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYC SCHOMBURG CENTER COMIC CON JAN 17 - 18, 2020

2 posts in this topic

The 8th Annual Schomburg Center's Black Comic Book Festival is a 2 day event.

Friday January 17 and Saturday January 18, 2020.

10 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Free admission.  See Eventbrite.com for schedule of events and guests.

Schomburg Center

515 Malcolm X Blvd.

New York, NY 10037

If you take the NYC subway, the 2 or 3 train goes to 135th Street and Malcom X Blvd.  You just walk up 1/2 block to the building.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

I did not go on Friday but I heard it was well attended.  The place was packed on Saturday.

Although admission was free, they clearly wanted you to pre-register on Eventbrite.com.  I did not and was asked to wait on the standby line.  

A gentleman that was pre-registered for 6 but only had 4 in his party was nice enough to give the 2 extra tickets to me and another gentleman on the standby line.  We were given wrist badges and got in without a problem.  Something to think about for next year.

The place is small and full of independent comic creators and small vendors.

It's a nice show for showcasing independent comc creators.

Long time Marvel inker Keith Williams was also there doing commissions.  A super nice guy.

Hank Kwon from BulletProof Comics in Brooklyn also set up with prints, Funko Pop dolls, pins, etc.

I was there for about an hour with my friend Nick before we left for lunch and beat the snow.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos.