• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #101
1 1

12 posts in this topic

With the new Morbius movie coming out, I figure it's time to get this issue graded. Your thoughts?

2052218684_AMS10105.thumb.jpg.2efbd8d190a350ecdde3dcb2026acee7.jpg25001959_AMS10106.thumb.jpg.62ccf34f8ebd892647308c0088eaded7.jpg

Thanks!

I also have ASM #102 (below). I mistakely uploaded the scans for 102 and couldn't figure out how to delete them from this post! So, if you care to offer me your grade on this as well, please be my guest!

AMS #102 07.jpgAMS #102 08.jpg

Edited by DedalusMan

Thanks folks! I'd be happy with something in those ranges, maybe after a pressing to get out some of the wrinkles and try to minimize the spine stress. But nothing you can do about the color breaks or tears. I've submitted them for pressing and grading and will let you know what I get back. Fingers crossed!

It seems that from 8.0 to 9.0, ASM #101's value is averaging within a fairly narrow range (btw $800 to $900). But then the value jumps exponentially, at least according to GPAnalysis (9.2 is going for $1800, 9.4 is $2700 and 9.6 is over $5,000!). Just my luck! 

I’m not necessarily in a rush to sell but I’m getting them graded to preserve their condition so that one day I can if the price is right. I’d love to hold onto these and other vintage books in my collection for as long as I can, but would hate to see them go down in value before I sell. It’s a conundrum for some of us old time collectors. 😆

Just an FYI update - these books have been graded by CGC! ASM #101 got 9.0 and ASM #102 got 8.0, so a bit better than anticipated but most of you were pretty close to the mark! I did have them both cleaned and pressed, which was probably worth a half-grade or so increase. I'll post photos when I receive the books.

Thanks again for everyone's input, and I hope you are all doing well...