• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] I got SCAMMED! Help me get my money back. Cable Sketch Covers CGC SS

13 posts in this topic

Hey All! :hi:

Anyone remember Akoni Kaholo (kaholo1256)?  He burned me and many others on these boards going back to the middle of 2015.  You can find some details about it here if you care to read.  Ultimately, CGC cut ties with this former witness/facilitator and it took a while for most to get their money back from him.  He reimbursed the smaller amounts first and eventually things cooled off but he went dark before he got around to reimbursing my money.  For years, I tried unsuccessfully to get my money back.  I had a breakthrough in late 2019 and we came to an agreement that in lieu of money he'd send me some salable items that I could in-turn sell to get my money back.  I got the books a while back but with the holidays and a busy work schedule, I haven't been able to list these yet.  I figure I'd offer them here before ebay.

I tell you that to convey that I'm HIGHLY motivated to move these to finally get the money back that I haven't seen since 2015.  I'll list prices for these, but by all means, feel free to send offers.  Time payments are welcome and I can certainly offer discounts if you're buying more than one book. 

Shipping to the US will be included in the price.  I can offer discounts to anyone who wants to buy more than one. 

5 sketch covers coming up...

Boring details:

Spoiler

HOW TO CLAIM AN ITEM:

Please post the :takeit: in the thread with some indication as to the item you're claiming. If you'd like to remain anonymous, please tell me to mark it as "sold via PM" in the thread. Until an item is claimed in the thread, it is still available for sale. That means if we are negotiating a deal and even if we agree to terms and someone else claims it before you or I do, you're out of luck. The first person to claim the book publicly gets it.

WHO'S WELCOME?:

Probation List and Hall of Shame Members are not welcome to buy from me until their names are removed from the list. I also reserve the right to refuse to deal with anyone for any reason (though I've never had to exercise this and hope I never have to).

PAYMENT:

Paypal, check, or money order are preferred. Please note that checks must clear before I send out items.

SHIPPING:

I ship via USPS. If you prefer another company, please let me know prior to claiming an item. I have no problem shipping internationally, but if there are any international buyers, please PM me before claiming an item so we can agree on shipping terms before a sale.

RETURNS:

I'll gladly accept returns for any reason. If the book was damaged in transit or if I misrepresented it, I will cover return shipping. If you simply changed your mind and just don't want it anymore, you pay return shipping. I'll cover return shipping on raw comic sales where we disagree on grade. If you disagree with CGC's grade on a slabbed book, you pay return shipping. Please indicate to me that you would like to make a return within 7 days of the item arriving. Starting on the 8th day after arrival, I'll consider the sale final.

Captain America/Cable by Ed McGuinness, inked by Dexter Vines

CGC 9.6 SS

$250

1659593421_X-Men_1-McGuinnessCableandCap.thumb.jpg.5f440e0c422665d19429bedd45af6d0e.jpg

Cable by Chris Stevens

CGC 9.6 SS

$300 SOLD to PabstBlueRobot

526919973_AllNewX-MenNow-StevensCable.thumb.jpg.1d82e333dc8355129a66ff8b23105e7a.jpg

Edited by Turtle
SOLD

That's what I've got today.  I'll leave these here for a few days before shifting them slowly to ebay.  I'm motivated to get these out the door, so feel free to PM me an offer if you see something you like. 

Heck, I'd entertain trade offers if you happen to have TMNT items of interest.  hm

Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, pabstbluerobot said:

:takeit: Claim via PM! - Thank you sir.

Cable by Chris Stevens

CGC 9.6 SS

$300

^^

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, fatlab123 said:

I’m glad you got something out of him..I’m sure your bill was higher then mine..still waiting ..good luck with the sale!

You may want to reach out to him again.  In our exchanges, he seemed to be under the impression that everyone had been paid back.  I think he assumed that his intermediary that helped to get the initial wave of refunds dispersed took care of everything. 

Good luck!

Take 10% off the listed prices!  Or feel free to send an offer if you'd like. 

Thanks for looking.  I'll be slowly moving these to ebay.  If you see one you like, feel free to send me a PM.  (thumbsu