• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I am waiting for 49 comics from Beachbum ( Dre ) for over a year now.  His long running statement has been that he's waiting for 4 of the books to be graded by the CGC which he has confirmed they should be with him now.  The others are all raw.   I just want this to be over now.  

I had a reply from him on 27 Sep 2019:

>Hey David
>
>Everything should be here, have the Dell’Otto ASM 800 blue label sets, omega, and the walking dead slab from >SDCC. Remind which one it was it was the SDCC 193, correct?
>
>Dre
Total paid for all books is $2,370.06
No replies to my emails until I posted this on the Forum:

I then had a reply that day:

>Hey David,
>
>Sorry, I’m in Denver through Thursday with J. Scott Campbell. Please email me the list of remaining books to ship and I’ll pull and ship when I get back.
>
>Dre

I sent the list, and have had no response a month later.  At this point, I just want a refund.

Kind regards,
David Grindstaff
Edited by Max Carnage

Why did you wait so much?
Maybe it was better to have the bulk without the few missing ones. After all, if he's been delaying the shipment since the beginning, it should be up to him to back up additional shipping costs.
You should not sell books that you do not have in hand, IMO.

19 minutes ago, vaillant said:

Why did you wait so much?
Maybe it was better to have the bulk without the few missing ones. After all, if he's been delaying the shipment since the beginning, it should be up to him to back up additional shipping costs.
You should not sell books that you do not have in hand, IMO.

100% agree.

@Max Carnage You need to send him a PM that you're nominating him for the PL.  Then give it a few days for him to respond otherwise looks like he'll be added.  Seems like a long term member of the boards so 

hopefully you guys can work it out.  I think more than enough time has probably passed that he should have the books for you or issue you a refund to resolve.  Good luck!

I have sent Beachbum/Dre a PM and email today to let him know about the probation list so hopefully he can do something about it.  I don't think he's on the boards much lately so emails have been our primary means of communication.

Dre updated me today that he's got some personal stuff going on so I've asked him to update me in February.  Historically he's never let me down so I trust him.  I'll update this thread once things are resolved.

Edited by Max Carnage

Hey guys,

There’s a lot involved here and it involves a lot of different moving parts. I just emailed David again. We are in the process of moving offices literally right now as well. (Took possession yesterday)

David was sent all his outstanding CGC last summer (Large box) except one that wis mis-placed and sets of CGC books that were delayed because we never received asm 800 Dell’Ottos from Scott’s Collectables that were meant for blue label submission and while they rectified the situation with me, we arranged to send David a signed Dell’Otto 9.8 set (Free at our own expense). David also ordered a walking dead 193 sdcc 9.8 at that time that is here. The misplaced book was resubbed (we later found it anyway) and his ASM 800 blue labels book are here as well.

David lives in England, and it was just a matter of shipping everything remaining at once when we had everything together.

We also have a situation with another retailer that owes us Raw books that were never sent that will complete his raw order, and David is now aware of it. I am not going to throw this retailer under the bus but I have the text messages that show we have been vigorously trying to get the books in to complete David’s raw book order. Once we have those books we will ship everything out, or if David wishes I will remove that portion from his order and refund the difference and get the shipment out.

I am not here on the boards really anymore. It became more and more difficult to continue business here and I was constantly being ghosted and people weren’t paying for pre-orders. If you have anything outstanding please contact us and we will pull it. (Especially international combined shipping).There are some people that just straight up disappeared and we have boxes of slabs sitting here waiting for them.

Dre

Edited by BeachBum

On 1/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, BeachBum said:

Hey guys,

There’s a lot involved here and it involves a lot of different moving parts. I just emailed David again. We are in the process of moving offices literally right now as well. (Took possession yesterday)

David was sent all his outstanding CGC last summer (Large box) except one that wis mis-placed and sets of CGC books that were delayed because we never received asm 800 Dell’Ottos from Scott’s Collectables that were meant for blue label submission and while they rectified the situation with me, we arranged to send David a signed Dell’Otto 9.8 set (Free at our own expense). David also ordered a walking dead 193 sdcc 9.8 at that time that is here. The misplaced book was resubbed (we later found it anyway) and his ASM 800 blue labels book are here as well.

David lives in England, and it was just a matter of shipping everything remaining at once when we had everything together.

We also have a situation with another retailer that owes us Raw books that were never sent that will complete his raw order, and David is now aware of it. I am not going to throw this retailer under the bus but I have the text messages that show we have been vigorously trying to get the books in to complete David’s raw book order. Once we have those books we will ship everything out, or if David wishes I will remove that portion from his order and refund the difference and get the shipment out.

I am not here on the boards really anymore. It became more and more difficult to continue business here and I was constantly being ghosted and people weren’t paying for pre-orders. If you have anything outstanding please contact us and we will pull it. (Especially international combined shipping).There are some people that just straight up disappeared and we have boxes of slabs sitting here waiting for them.

Dre

Dre,

I, for one, loved you being on the boards.  Always great seeing all those variants, etc.  Concerning my orders, your raw copies were always nice... as was your customer service.

That said, I'm sure you and Max Carnage will get things squared away.

I must ask... why didn't you utilize the Marketplace Probations section to weed out those that ghosted you and weren't paying for their orders?  It does help to bring people back around.  

Should you decide to come back and continue to have those same problems, please give it a try.

xxx ooo

Rupp

On 1/20/2020 at 2:23 PM, Bio-Rupp said:

Dre,

I, for one, loved you being on the boards.  Always great seeing all those variants, etc.  Concerning my orders, your raw copies were always nice... as was your customer service.

That said, I'm sure you and Max Carnage will get things squared away.

I must ask... why didn't you utilize the Marketplace Probations section to weed out those that ghosted you and weren't paying for their orders?  It does help to bring people back around.  

Should you decide to come back and continue to have those same problems, please give it a try.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Great to hear from you Rupp. Maybe one day I'll come back but things have changed around here. Some of the personalities I was dealing with were beginning to grind as well (and still do), and to be frank I was done with it. Having people order direct from the beachbumcomics website is just easier to deal with, especially when fulfilling orders. I'm not perfect, no one is, but I always strived with the customer service.

The non-stop exclusives and variants are annoying now. To be honest, I think ASM 793 - 801, then #1 broke me lol - All the variants and exclusives that all the spider-man collectors ordered, it was nuts keeping track of everything through the PMs.

Update.

I was able to shame the retailer who owed me the books with this thread. He sent me the books the next day after all this time.

About a week and a half ago I shipped everything to @Max Carnage (David) and he informed me he's received everything in the UK. He's also settled up with me for shipping $$$ due for both shipments so nothing is owed to either us.