• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this FF2 with Kirby sig

31 posts in this topic

Well, it's for sure they would not accept the signature as authentic. They would never do that, so that's out for sure. I think they might give you a choice of what you want. A universal label with the sig taken into consideration as a defect or a qualified label with it not taken into account as a defect.

You don't get to choose 27_laughing.gif

A few of questions:

If this book gets sent into CGC, would it receive a qualified grade?

Unauthenticated creator signatures on the cover get a Green Qualified Label.

Would CGC authenticate the signature?

No, he's dead. They only authenticate signatures that are signed in front of a CGC rep.

Or would it just say "Jack Kirby written in ink on cover"?

No, not even. They may put a label note on "name written in ink on front cover" wink.gif

If they don't authenticate the signature, then doesn't it become "automatically" valid once encapsulated?

I don't see your logic there, Dan confused.gif

Edited by divadrabnud

No, not even. They may put a label note on "signature on front cover"

If they don't authenticate the signature, then doesn't it become "automatically" valid once encapsulated?

If they put "signature on front" or whatever they put on front, then wouldn't it be difficult to say it is not signed by Jack Kirby?

Does anyone get what I am asking? frustrated.gif

Dan

No, not even. They may put a label note on "signature on front cover"

If they put "signature on front" or whatever they put on front, then wouldn't it be difficult to say it is not signed by Jack Kirby?

Dan

They would probably notate it as "Name written on front sover". Definitely not "signtaure" but "name" which could be anything.

Dan

I think I know what you mean: If CGC puts it on the label, it "legitamizes" it;

as that is what CGC does - there essence - they certify .

Until we can see a valid sampling of know authentic exemplars, I'd label this signature, "Undetermined."

Here is the Kirby sig that I got from the King at the NY Comic Con in 1975. It does appear to flow a bit more than the sig on the FF2, but looks very similar (especially the "K"), and may have a different look owing to being on the splash page rather than the cover:

455217-cap100.jpg

Until we can see a valid sampling of know authentic exemplars, I'd label this signature, "Undetermined."

Here is the Kirby sig that I got from the King at the NY Comic Con in 1975. It does appear to flow a bit more than the sig on the FF2, but looks very similar (especially the "K"), and may have a different look owing to being on the splash page rather than the cover:

Thanks - this is similar to what I found through a web search. Although, It's not what's "similar" about a signature that counts in forensic analysis, it's what's "dissimilar". Again we see lower case -script, not block lettering. wink.gif

Thanks - this is similar to what I found through a web search. Although, It's not what's "similar" about a signature that counts in forensic analysis, it's what's "dissimilar". Again we see lower case -script, not block lettering. wink.gif

I had an Amazing Adventures #1 (1961) that was autographed by Jack and it looked just like the onein the Cap #100....the FF #2 did not strike me as real as soon as i saw it....just my 2 cents....