• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tec 359
1 1

15 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

PGX 9.8

HAHAHAHA

Man, you joke, but I hope there really is no truth to it. I have a nice high grade Sandman 1 (the neil gaiman one) from PGX. I bought it for cheap so it wont be a major loss no matter what, but it does make me wonder exactly how much lower it might be if graded by anyone else.

Thanks for the input, guys. Here’s the label:

0B5BAC84-CBA1-44C8-A245-A9C707CD3EBB.thumb.jpeg.cf85587c77437a3d66b66723ffe522b5.jpegThe white spots look quite prominent when the photo is magnified but they aren’t very noticeable at all. I’m not sure what caused them. There is also a small spot on Batman’s cape. The spine tics are also quite small.

IMO, the book looks to be nicer than a typical 6.0, which would explain the CVA sticker. I’m wondering if I should get it regraded.

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I would get the graders notes before getting it re-graded.  

Just got 'em:

Grader Notes:
crease left top of back cover (I see the tiny crease)
crease top of back cover (I don't see it)
light spine stress lines to cover (Yep)
stain right bottom of front cover (The white spots I guess? I don't see a stain.)
stain top of back cover (I don't see it) (Edit: Actually, I do now see a light stain just right of center on the photo I took of the back cover.)

Edited by JohnH19
Additional info

2 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

Just got 'em:

Grader Notes:
crease left top of back cover (I see the tiny crease)
crease top of back cover (I don't see it)
light spine stress lines to cover (Yep)
stain right bottom of front cover (The white spots I guess? I don't see a stain.)
stain top of back cover (I don't see it) (Edit: Actually, I do now see a light stain just right of center on the photo I took of the back cover.)

The staining is what brought it down that .5 notch. We all noticed the creases and such but not the staining (granted, hard to see when there's the extra glare). So a 6.5 without the staining, but a 6 with the staining, I can see the logic. They just determined there were too many imperfections for it to go beyond a 6.0 even though all the imperfections were slight. You can have them regrade it but you will lose that CVA sticker, it costs extra since its graded by another party, and you probably wont get a different result.