• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9 Months After LCS Closing...
1 1

32 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, the blob said:

No, I did not give birth....

But I'm feeling "mehhh" about comics. I enjoyed going over there a few times a week, BSing, going through the boxes. Midtown is a bit further away and doesn't have a sense of a community. Have dropped by a few places, just not the same. At least I have you guys.

I

I'm starting to burn out as well...

54 minutes ago, the blob said:

But I'm feeling "mehhh" about comics. I enjoyed going over there a few times a week, BSing, going through the boxes. Midtown is a bit further away and doesn't have a sense of a community. Have dropped by a few places, just not the same. At least I have you guys.

I

You always have us

But I get what you mean

44 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I see so many of you guys that just buy buy buy . You buy so fast you dont even appreciate the books you do get. I keep things slow and easy.

I used to get burned out with buying so many silver and bronze age keys. I took a step back and asked myself "was I happy" I realized that I would rather start collecting the Warren horror mags because they made me happier than just adding a key to the book shelf.

Great suggestion

7 hours ago, the blob said:

I

I used to go to Chameleon at least once a week when I used to work in the city. There were mostly Wall Street guys popping open wax boxes of sports cards looking for the hot rookie of the moment. Fred was always ready with the 300 count storage box for all the commons that they mostly got. :facepalm:

Just now, mr_highgrade said:

I used to go to Chameleon at least once a week when I used to work in the city. There were mostly Wall Street guys popping open wax boxes of sports cards looking for the hot rookie of the moment. Fred was always ready with the 300 count storage box for all the commons that they mostly got. :facepalm:

Fred left several years before they closed. What's his name moved to Florida a long time ago. It might be that I have so much work to do for my real job and stress over that it is sucking joy out of other stuff.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Fred left several years before they closed. What's his name moved to Florida a long time ago. It might be that I have so much work to do for my real job and stress over that it is sucking joy out of other stuff.

You're talking about the guy with glasses, I also forgot his name. I stopped going there several years ago after I had a falling out with Steve. 

I have three local shops and almost never visit any of them. The one closest is mostly TPB’s and current floppies. The TPB section is okay, but cover price is expensive and they are missing a ton of essentials. Every time I come there for something specific they don’t have it. They have a pile of good stuff, but it’s stuff I already own. And then the current Marvel and DC soft covers. Helpful staff though, and when I ask for something the don’t have they offer to source me one. I suspect they’ll just buy a copy off eBay and mark it up for me though.

The next shop is owned by a woman with a fairly strong social media presence. Tiny shop, tiny selection of currents and back issues. Overpriced Bronze Age mags, but the only place I’ve ever seen that stocks them. I go there for supplies and the decent dollar bin sometimes.

The last shop is my former pull list shop, and formerly the only shop in a 50 mile radius. All mainstream current titles and maybe 20,000 back issues. Not bad prices, despite the huge inventory it’s almost all super heroes, which is all the owner is interested in. I stopped going because of some poor pull list practices

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I see so many of you guys that just buy buy buy . You buy so fast you dont even appreciate the books you do get. I keep things slow and easy.

I used to get burned out with buying so many silver and bronze age keys. I took a step back and asked myself "was I happy" I realized that I would rather start collecting the Warren horror mags because they made me happier than just adding a key to the book shelf.

And it’s a one way journey into that vault...   The Oakman don’t never sell! :headbang:

9 hours ago, oakman29 said:

^^