• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9 Months After LCS Closing...
1 1

32 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, nickdemeato said:

I feel this. Living in Scotland I used to have to drive 1hr to get to a comic shop. Now both of those have closed so now its a 2hr drive. I hardly ever bother but miss the craic.

At least you live in Scotland :takeit:.

If spreading your money around on less expensive books and not just a key makes you happy, do that. Those cheap books sometimes become keys or semis too. I personally get a kick going to a show and coming back with the best $1-$5 box books I could scrounge. Treasure hunt. Once upon a time I looked for more "big" books ($25-$150.. Real money in the 90s!) And some cheapies. It's all good. 

47 minutes ago, the blob said:

If spreading your money around on less expensive books and not just a key makes you happy, do that. Those cheap books sometimes become keys or semis too. I personally get a kick going to a show and coming back with the best $1-$5 box books I could scrounge. Treasure hunt. Once upon a time I looked for more "big" books ($25-$150.. Real money in the 90s!) And some cheapies. It's all good. 

True

I'm reading the knightfall run...just now.

And enjoying it

Though I did get the collecting "fever" in December and unloaded on a bunch of stuff, it seems to have settled down

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

True

And enjoying it

Though I did get the collecting "fever" in December and unloaded on a bunch of stuff, it seems to have settled down

Cool that your enjoying some books to read! :) 

I remember Nov or Dec last year, some on the boards were saying that sales were slow, and that now was the "time to buy".....as things would be priced to sell...

I got some deals!

Hopefully you did too! ;) 

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

True

And enjoying it

it might be the credit card bill coming soon that's helping to settle it down lol.. also you might want to try some local shops outside of Toronto to get some deals try Gotham Central in Mississauga they have slabbed books and moderns they also do commissions. I picked up some great bronze at a decent price through some commission sales. 

5 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

True

And enjoying it

That run made me hate comics for like a decade. The sting probably isn’t as big when you know Batman isn’t gone forever and aren’t an 11 year old kid though 

20 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I see so many of you guys that just buy buy buy . You buy so fast you dont even appreciate the books you do get. I keep things slow and easy.

I used to get burned out with buying so many silver and bronze age keys. I took a step back and asked myself "was I happy" I realized that I would rather start collecting the Warren horror mags because they made me happier than just adding a key to the book shelf.

I find that actually reading the books I buy for my collection has kept me interested in the hobby non stop since the late 1970's (shrug)

Ive never been happier collecting and selling comics. I still read a few titles a month, but I am very 
selective and I have favorite writers that suit my taste. It is harder to find good titles I agree.

I still love traveling to flea markets, comic shops, and thrift shops buying comics. 
Many are more then happy to make great deals if I buy enough.

My only problem I have is being selective in attending conventions. I am there for comics
not the Cosplay, wrestling, and other stuff.