• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adam Hughes Supergirl Legion of Superheroes 23 Club

28 posts in this topic

@Summydad1  Wow, how did you get all 3 copies... did you buy them before or after it got hot?

I remember when I first got back into comics these were 100 bucks raw... then a few years later 9.6s were around 400...everytime I thought they were too expensive, and now they just keep bumping up as most people hold onto these.  

6 hours ago, the blob said:
23 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Because this is one of the most defining modern variants ever. Also it's probably Adam Hughes most famous cover.

Show off if you own this beautiful comic!

I am surprised nobody here assaulted you over your choice of the word "defining," but then again, the crotchety types here who think anything post 1966 or 1976 is doo doo are probably not reading the modern section.

Okay, I'll play.

What is a "defining" variant? It's a fairly popular cover. And? (shrug)

12 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Okay, I'll play.

What is a "defining" variant? It's a fairly popular cover. And? (shrug)

Well, I guess this is all opinion.  But, to me this was THE comic variant to buy.  I loved the cover and knew I wanted it on my wall.  I know it's incredibly popular which is why it's so hard to find even with the 4k print run.  

Also, being an Adam Hughes fan, I think this is his BEST cover. 

These were the two major reasons why I love it.  

I think that to some degree the modern age is defined by variant covers. When I think of iconic cover artists from this age I think of Adam Hughes, JSC, Dell Otto, and possibly Mattina. When I say iconic I mean that their work is instantly recognizable and desired by collectors. Also, some of their covers are widely available while some are more rare. I believe each of these artists have a couple covers that are better examples of their style. Supergirl LOSH being one of those. That being said I think saying that this book is “one of the most defining modern variants ever” is accurate. This is all my opinion of course. 

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

@Summydad1  Wow, how did you get all 3 copies... did you buy them before or after it got hot?

I remember when I first got back into comics these were 100 bucks raw... then a few years later 9.6s were around 400...everytime I thought they were too expensive, and now they just keep bumping up as most people hold onto these.  

All three were purchased off eBay. The 9.6 was a couple years back before it really took off. The raw came next and then the 9.8 came about within the last 8 months. I usually like to have multiples of covers I really like. 9.8 for storage, 9.6 for display, and raw as a back up I guess. Haha. I have multiples of the Wonder Woman 38 too. 

6F6ABED6-6A0E-47E9-B6EB-0AE6DB19681A.jpeg