PGM Howard the Duck #1!
1 1

6 posts in this topic

34 posts

Ok, I have another vintage book for review. My HTD #1! It was wildly popular when I bought it 45 years ago until, well, that unspeakably bad movie happened. Anyway, maybe it's due for a renaissance so please give me your best guesses. Sorry but I have only the one pic of it bagged, cause I already sent it into CBCS for signature verification. Thanks!

IMG_1956.thumb.jpg.6d9d0b55d799690f67972f975cd95ec3.jpg

IMG_1961.thumb.jpg.9b90ad88c6cf5fe72df248adb84ab03a.jpgIMG_1957.thumb.jpg.6cfd7bbc10aafffded2a2d9200a4bf7e.jpg

686 posts

Can't really give an accurate grade with the pics given unfortunately. Hopefully it comes back around where you thought  :wishluck:

1,297 posts

Due to not enough pictures, could be anywhere from 6.5-8.0. But I seen enough spine ticks and other things to make me think anything higher than VF would be generous. 

Oh and that's a legit Brunner sig. 

34 posts
4 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Due to not enough pictures, could be anywhere from 6.5-8.0. But I seen enough spine ticks and other things to make me think anything higher than VF would be generous. 

Oh and that's a legit Brunner sig. 

Yep, I'm pretty sure it will be on the low end of that scale. And yes, I met Frank Brunner at a comic book convention over 40 years ago and got that signature! Which is why I'm submitting it to CBCS for verification. Too bad CGC doesn't do that. I only wish I had kept it in better condition.