• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spiderman 6
1 1

46 posts in this topic

Beautiful copy. I am having a hard time finding any major flaws here, which is awesome for a book this age. The front cover seemed off to me at initial glance and then I noticed it was a pence copy, which I don't know that I have seen on this ish before. 

8.0. Could be a tad higher even. 

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

Beautiful copy. I am having a hard time finding any major flaws here, which is awesome for a book this age. The front cover seemed off to me at initial glance and then I noticed it was a pence copy, which I don't know that I have seen on this ish before. 

8.0. Could be a tad higher even. 

Thank you very much.  I think there may be a slight fade at the top of the front..?  Possibly the background is a tiny bit lighter..?

8 minutes ago, mike devon said:

Much appreciated.  Can we discuss value here or would that be for a different thread..?

values all gonna depend on what it  actually gets graded at but, here is a kinda rough breakdown:

6.5 1300

7.0 1750

7.5 2100

8.0 2200

If by chance it grades higher than an 8.0 there is a SIGNIFICANT jump in price  

14 minutes ago, Deadpoolica said:

values all gonna depend on what it  actually gets graded at but, here is a kinda rough breakdown:

6.5 1300

7.0 1750

7.5 2100

8.0 2200

If by chance it grades higher than an 8.0 there is a SIGNIFICANT jump in price  

Wow that much for a pence copy..?  I had no idea.  If I sell it I'll just grade it myself and take a million pics.

1 hour ago, mike devon said:

Thanks Foggy.  I agreed with about 8 - can you describe what's bringing it down..?  cheers

You have colour breaks all along the spine and near it, along with creases in the corners and what appears to be a spine split at the bottom, something not as excusable for silver age books, and which cannot be improved upon with pressing. So a 6.5-7.0 would be my best bet. And I don't know about those prices listed by deadpoolica, I was pretty certain pence copies sold for less than US editions. Granted, I do not know the figures for this exact book so I may be wrong, but pence copies are usually sold at 80% of guide value as a rule of thumb when assessing worth (of course, there's the old adage of this being worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it). So in this case, the book in its raw state would be worth about 650 or somewhere around there. 

39 minutes ago, mike devon said:

Wow that much for a pence copy..?  I had no idea.  If I sell it I'll just grade it myself and take a million pics.

Just realized it was a pence copy lol I was pricing off of U.S. copies...

It might go for a little more or less I don't know how the market truly sees them, I know some consider them more rare & a lot of people enjoy collecting the pence copies

The prices I gave are for CGC graded copies though, you won't get that for a raw copy imo so, keep that in mind

4 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

You have colour breaks all along the spine and near it, along with creases in the corners and what appears to be a spine split at the bottom, something not as excusable for silver age books, and which cannot be improved upon with pressing. So a 6.5-7.0 would be my best bet. And I don't know about those prices listed by deadpoolica, I was pretty certain pence copies sold for less than US editions. Granted, I do not know the figures for this exact book so I may be wrong, but pence copies are usually sold at 80% of guide value as a rule of thumb when assessing worth (of course, there's the old adage of this being worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it). So in this case, the book in its raw state would be worth about 650 or somewhere around there. 

Yeah, I really didn't notice it was a pence until he said it lol

I was giving the rough value of what those grades go for if graded by CGC in that grade

Edited by Deadpoolica

4 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks.  Interesting observations.  I agree with the flaws you've pointed out although I think they are very light..?  A very superior 6.5 or a standard 7 is what I'd say..?  Er - is that logical..? :)

16 minutes ago, Deadpoolica said:

Just realized it was a pence copy lol I was pricing off of U.S. copies...

It might go for a little more or less I don't know how the market truly sees them, I know some consider them more rare & a lot of people enjoy collecting the pence copies

The prices I gave are for CGC graded copies though, you won't get that for a raw copy imo so, keep that in mind

They are enjoyed because they are a fun variant that is cheaper than the cents version. The niche part of the market makes it fun. But of course, a niche market means less people, and thus a lower demand. So you get lower prices. So at least 20% cheaper is what you usually get. 

1 minute ago, mike devon said:

Thanks.  Interesting observations.  I agree with the flaws you've pointed out although I think they are very light..?  A very superior 6.5 or a standard 7 is what I'd say..?  Er - is that logical..? :)

Sure, between your 7.0 and another 7.0, someone might preffer yours so it could sell quicker (but not for more).

1 minute ago, mike devon said:

I've had a good look at a lot of CGC 6.5s and I think this beats them.  I think its a solid 7.  Thats after bearing in mind all your comments.

The truth is it's only a solid 7 if that's what CGC grades it as. We are talking half grades here, CGC could go either way. 

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

The truth is it's only a solid 7 if that's what CGC grades it as. We are talking half grades here, CGC could go either way. 

Yes understood.  All I can say is i've looked and looked at 6.5s and they all have much more apparent defects than this one.

Have a look at this one.  Of course there are loads to see but I think thats fairly typical 6.5..? 

asm.jpg

10 minutes ago, mike devon said:

Yes understood.  All I can say is i've looked and looked at 6.5s and they all have much more apparent defects than this one.

Have a look at this one.  Of course there are loads to see but I think thats fairly typical 6.5..? 

asm.jpg

Yes, and yours has the same colour break issues, but in he green area. Showing me that pic further confirms that a 7.0 may be too optimistic. Definitely would not call it solid. Plus, yours has a spine split at the bottom, don't know if that spidey 14 has that too.