• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spiderman 6
1 1

46 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, mike devon said:

Thanks guys.  Here's CGCs own guide:

VF 7.5 - An above-average collectible with a moderate defect or an accumulation of small defects.

VF 8 - An attractive collectible with a moderate defect or an accumulation of small defects.

So having previously agreed with 7 I think 7.5 is very reasonable.  I might submit it and get it pressed.  I just bought it and don't have it yet so of course I've got to carefully check it over myself but I don't expect anything drastic to be revealed - I got a condition report on it before I bought it.

The first grade that popped into my head was 7.5. That's factoring in the small spine split. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think it's less than a 7.0, even if someone's being tough on it. Nice copy, and thanks for posting it...

Thanks folks.  Do you think a press would add 0.5..?  To get rid of that kink on the bottom right..?

If I had to be exact I'd rate it 7.75 but ofc I know theres no such thing :)

Edited by mike devon
too many thumbs

2 hours ago, Mr. Zipper said:

Unless there are hidden flaws or stains, a strong 7.0 with a shot at 7.5. 

6.5 is way too low in my opinion. 

Yeah I'm a bit baffled by some of the estimates.  This definitely comes into 'attractive' and 'attractive' is associated with 8s.  I realise that the split and other bits bring it down from 8.

I didn't buy it to sell but I think I'd do alright with it - very difficult to get books this fresh looking from back then.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:59 AM, mike devon said:

Thanks folks.  Do you think a press would add 0.5..?  To get rid of that kink on the bottom right..?

If I had to be exact I'd rate it 7.75 but ofc I know theres no such thing :)

Pressing only helps creases, the spine split will remain after a press and still figure into the grading.

Also cover appeal and freshness does not factor into the number grade when wear and tear is also involved. It just means its a good looking copy within the grade it lands in.

Please let us know what it comes back as once you get it graded.

Edited by William-James88

6 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Pressing only helps creases, the spine split will remain after a press and still figure into the grading.

Also cover appeal and freshness does not factor into the number grade when wear and tear is also involved. It just means its a good looking copy within the grade it lands in.

Please let us know what it comes back as once you get it graded.

Sure but degree of faults does matter.  Miniscule defects count for less than big ones.  Tiny spine ticks count for less than humdigning ones.  The consensus on this one seems to be about 7.5 so with the kink gone a bit higher doesn't seem unreasonable.

However - and its a big however - I haven't got it yet and it could stink of fish. Or turn out to be water soaked in a way that doesn't show on the pics.  Etc.  Although I did get a condition report before I bought it.  Were you bidding on it..?

Also - as I mentioned a few times - I compared it directly to CHGC graded imagery.

Edited by mike devon