• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Framing multiple comics
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on how to best frame and hang multiple (unslabbed) comics in one frame? I have a set of four books and a set of 3-6 books that I'm thinking of framing and hanging on a wall, but I'd prefer they stay together rather than be separate frames for the visual effect (the four would be side by side and without dividers between if possible, the 3-6 can be in other configurations and can be separated by matte).

personally I wouldn't want to frame or hang anything expensive to prevent damage from occurring due to many things light, sunlight, accidents, bumps, theft, etc... but if your framing some stuff they have single comic frames all over the place BCW has some and you can look on Amazon for many different types. if you want some with a plate you might have to visit a local shop that frames art work and stuff to get it professionally framed. 

below is a example of some cheaper frames that house 4 or 2 or more depending on how many you want to do .

Image result for framing and hanging comic books

22 hours ago, Krismusic said:

personally I wouldn't want to frame or hang anything expensive to prevent damage from occurring due to many things light, sunlight, accidents, bumps, theft, etc... but if your framing some stuff they have single comic frames all over the place BCW has some and you can look on Amazon for many different types. if you want some with a plate you might have to visit a local shop that frames art work and stuff to get it professionally framed. 

below is a example of some cheaper frames that house 4 or 2 or more depending on how many you want to do .

Image result for framing and hanging comic books

I agree, I'm not hanging anything particularly expensive. But I have some sets of signed books that aren't just autographed, but sketched on, and it seems a waste to have them sit in boxes. I'm probably hanging them on a wall in a room that has the blinds down pretty much all the time, and only open a few inches when not (to let some air in while working out), so they won't really be getting much direct sunlight.

Where is that four-book frame from? I tried finding that and couldn't. Or is it just 4 individual frames together?

1 minute ago, Cocomonkey said:

I agree, I'm not hanging anything particularly expensive. But I have some sets of signed books that aren't just autographed, but sketched on, and it seems a waste to have them sit in boxes. I'm probably hanging them on a wall in a room that has the blinds down pretty much all the time, and only open a few inches when not (to let some air in while working out), so they won't really be getting much direct sunlight.

Where is that four-book frame from? I tried finding that and couldn't. Or is it just 4 individual frames together?

You can use UV-protective film to shield framed comics from damaging light, too, FYI.

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You can use UV-protective film to shield framed comics from damaging light, too, FYI.

just bare in mind that the best UV- Film blocks aprox 98-99% of UV light so years of exposure will still fade the books but it will take many years.

9 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Cases-Frames-Comic-Frame/dp/B07F6VZCVD

4 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

just bare in mind that the best UV- Film blocks aprox 98-99% of UV light so years of exposure will still fade the books but it will take many years.

You can't stop "time". You can only reduce its impact.

Nothing exists to completely prevent a comic from being affected by what we call "time".