• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's Jan., Feb., & March 2020 pre-sale thread-- Millie Bobby Brown, DAISEY RIDLEY & ADAM DRIVER Strange Adventures 1 (King & Gerads), etc.
3 3

130 posts in this topic

Welcome to my January/February/March 2020 Pre-Sale thread----lots of great stuff to announce as we roll through the month.

As with all my previous monthly pre-sale threads, all books are pre-screened and culled from the finest 9.8 candidates.

The costs associated with each post is indicative of all expenses from cost of book, my time, any signature related fees, any pressing that may need to be introduced to bring it from borderline 9.6 to a full blown 9.8, shipping costs anywhere USA door to door, CGC invoicing fees, etc.

I'll be posting ops for books that arephysically in hand and pre-screened for 9.8 standards, as well as posting for books that may not have shipped yet, but because due to limitations of availability, I always need to get my orders in EARLY so as to ensure that I have enough for everyone, as well as some extra either for inventory or to make sure that everyone gets exactly what they ordered.  

My goal is to deliver 9.8 graded signature series books, prices listed inclusive of all costs associated with the op right down to shipping.

Prices associated with each post is all inclusive of all costs right down to shipping anywhere USA.  Outside the U.S., I charge additional based on weight of the box.

I've been asked "Can you guarantee a 9.8?"

I can guarantee that I won't be shipping you out a 9.6 , if that helps answer that question.  I'm not a professional grader (meaning I don't get paid to grade, but I've got a really good eye), and I've been doing this for 15+ years and I'm pretty good at what I do.  My reputation speaks for itself.

That being said, anything can happen----a book could get damaged, a box lost, it's not an exact science but I am more than happy to grant full refunds if you're not satisfied or you can return the book.   If anything goes wrong on my end, I'll call you directly to discuss which way you want to roll----credit, a discount, a different book or a full refund.

There is just ONE (1) addendum that I want to throw out there----and that's special requests. I have no problem at all with special requests-----if you see something is coming up and you want me to try and work it, just LMK.  Just because it's not in my thread, doesn't mean I can't/won't do it.  It's just that it may not be something I am looking at.  One other notation about special requests, is that sometimes I am asked to add special additional things  to a book you're interested in from the pre-sale thread.  For example, a remark, or an additional signature.  

I don't typically have a return policy for pre-sales since you are requesting an item/order specific with full disclosure of what you will be receiving.  However, you are either 100% satisfied or we work together until you are!

Edited by Rich_Henn

INVOICES

Ron C.  Inv. 3973

SPIDER-MAN #1 (die-cut Kidd variant) s/s Chip Kidd SHIPPED 9405528206335098511523

Taxmick1  Inv. 3968

SPIDER-MAN #1 (die-cut Kidd variant) s/s Chip Kidd SHIPPED CJ180579836US

Ivydyer  Inv. 3969

SPIDER-MAN #1 (die-cut Kidd variant) s/s Chip Kidd SHIPPED 9410828206334030361557

LJ808  Inv. 3967

SPIDER-MAN #1 (die-cut Kidd variant) s/s Chip Kidd SHIPPED 9405508205497291579618

Aaron Hollander  Inv. 3970

SPIDER-MAN #1 (die-cut Kidd variant) s/s Chip Kidd SHIPPED 9410828206335098511441

MedicAR  Inv. 3974

Strange Adventures #1 (cover A) s/s Tom King & Mitch Gerads

Robert_L  Inv. 3975

Elliott Bennett  Inv. 3977

chrreaso  Inv. 3980

skippeydoo  Inv. 3981

Aaron Hollander  Inv. 4034

Quizboy Slim  Inv. 3982

Wonder Woman #750 s/s George Perez SHIPPED 9410 8036 9930 0133 0764 00

Aaron Hollander  Inv. 3984

Decorum #1 (cover A) s/s Jonathan Hickman SHIPPED  9405528206334341895038

Skippeydoo  Inv. 3996

Decorum #1 (cover B) s/s Jonathan Hickman SHIPPED 9405528206335526908673

chrreaso  Inv. 3985

Batman #89 (cover A) s/s James Tynion w/Tony Daniel SHIPPED 9410828206335321920620
Hell Arisen #3 (cover A) s/s James Tynion

skippeydoo  Inv. 3986

Batman #89 (cover A) s/s James Tynion & Tony Daniel SHIPPED 9410828206335331203614
Hell Arisen #3 (cover B) s/s James Tynion

Robert_L  Inv. 3987

Batman #89 (cover A) s/s James Tynion & Tony Daniel SHIPPED 9410828206335198771868

LJ808  Inv. 3988

Batman #89 (cover A) s/s James Tynion & Tony Daniel SHIPPED 9410828206335331353302
Basket full of Heads #1 (Dollhouse Family) s/s Joe Hill SHIPPED 9410828206335331353302

ggovel  Inv. 3989

Paul Robinson  Inv. 3990

Hell Arisen #3 (cover B) s/s James Tynion

956Ref  Inv. 3997

meadowman22  Inv. 3992

Star Wars: Rise of Kylo Ren #1 (action figure variant) s/s Adam Driver

Taxmick1  Inv. (private)

ROLLING STONES #1250 s/s Daisy Ridley & Adam Driver

Taxmick1  Inv. (private)

Dollhouse Family #1 s/s Joe Hill SHIPPED CJ180579836US

Taxmick1  Inv. 3995

Spider-Man Noir #1 (Bagley variant) s/s Mark Bagley
Gwen Stacy #1 (2nd print) s/s Todd Nauck (variant cover artist)
Robin 80th anniversary (cover A) s/s Lee Weeks + four others

Mendi1769 Inv. (private/Costanzo) *paid w/check, 3/23/20 small balance due

Batman 92 s/s Tynion & Nightwing 70 s/s Jurgens

Revol  Inv. 4032

Stranger Things Six #4 s/s Millie Bobby Brown SHIPPED CE451481735US

Aaron Hollander  Inv. 4033

Stranger Things Six #1 s/s Millie Bobby Brown (9.4) Credit 

Edited by Rich_Henn

This next one is a collaborative book with lots of variants and contributing artists and writers.  Unlike the Action and Detective books, I really don't want to hold these for signatures past April.  The first signatures go down next week at a store singing, then I'll carry them over between C2E2 and ECCC.

Stories and artwork by Steve Orlando, Jesus Marino, Greg Rucka, Nicola Scott, Gail Simone, Colleen Doran, Marguerite Bennett, Laura Braga, Scott Snyder, Bryan Hitch, Mariko Tamaki, Elena Casagrande, Kami Garcia, Phil Hester, Shannon and Dean Hale, Riley Rossmo, Vita Ayala, Amancay Nahuelpan, Ramona Fradon, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, Emanuela Lupacchino, Liam Sharp, Bilquis Evely and Travis Moore.

WONDER WOMAN #750 (standard cover) s/s Steve Orlando & Colleen Doran - $125

**(If I see cover artist Joelle Jones at any of these next shows, she'll be added.  No promises. )

eight spots

ww750standard.jpg

First book up is the Chip Kidd die-cut variant cover to last year's SPIDER-MAN #1 by Abrams.  This was the hotter variant of the lot---and now I have a signing with Chip Kidd in just a couple weeks.  Chip Kidd is a bit of an industry icon, but also does virtually zero convention appearances.  He's a bit of a white whale.  If you have books of your own you want Chip Kidd on, hit me back via PM with the next two weeks.

SPIDER-MAN #1 (die-cut Kidd variant s/s Chip Kidd - $155

Eight spots on this one, and I'm going to look into getting spidey head remarks on your books as well.  No promises, but I'll ask.

1) Taxmick1

2) Ivdyer

3) Aaron Hollander

4) LJ808

5) Ron C.

6)

7)

8)

large-5814145.jpg?1573222023

Edited by Rich_Henn

37 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

First book up is the Chip Kidd die-cut variant cover to last year's SPIDER-MAN #1 by Abrams.  This was the hotter variant of the lot---and now I have a signing with Chip Kidd in just a couple weeks.  Chip Kidd is a bit of an industry icon, but also does virtually zero convention appearances.  He's a bit of a white whale.  If you have books of your own you want Chip Kidd on, hit me back via PM with the next two weeks.

Eight spots on this one, and I'm going to look into getting spidey head remarks on your books as well.  No promises, but I'll ask.

:takeit:Rich: one please - thanks / Mike

2 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

:takeit:with remark if possible 

Strange Adventures #1 (cover A) s/s Tom King & Mitch Gerads - $125

ten (10) spots

The Eisner Award-winning team behind DC’s Mister Miracle and The Sheriff of Babylon, writer Tom King and artist Mitch Gerads, is joined by fan-favorite artist Evan “Doc” Shaner (Justice League: Darkseid War: Green Lantern) to bring you Strange Adventures, an epic tale in the tradition of Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, and DC: The New Frontier—a story of blood, war, and love that readers will talk about for years to come.

Created in 1958 for DC by Julius Schwartz and Murphy Anderson and first appearing in Showcase #17, Adam Strange is the hero of the planet Rann, a man famous throughout the galaxy for his bravery and honor. In King, Gerads and Shaner’s Strange Adventures, debuting in March 2020, not all is as happy and nice as it seems, as the decisions Adam made during battles on Rann come back to haunt his family and threaten the entire DC Universe.

“Adam Strange is one of a long line of characters—like Tarzan and Flash Gordon, stolid men with dimpled chins who thrive in ‘foreign lands’—who stand in as a metaphor for a 19th century European dream of colonialism,” said King. “Of course, colonialism was nothing like this dream, and it’s that contrast that interests me: the bloody gap between the myth and the reality.”

And now a surprise DC hero will have to choose between saving Adam Strange and saving the world.

“I wanted to tell two stories simultaneously,” continued King, “and have them play off each other: the story we tell others and the story others tell about us. To represent these two aspects, we use two of the best artists in comics, then we weave those two tellings together in odd and new ways that I don’t think anyone’s seen in modern superhero comics. So it’s a way to do something new and different and hopefully something cool and compelling.”

1) MedicAR

2)

3)

238198_1371588_1.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

7 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

Strange Adventures #1 (cover A) s/s Tom King & Mitch Gerads - $125

ten (10) spots

The Eisner Award-winning team behind DC’s Mister Miracle and The Sheriff of Babylon, writer Tom King and artist Mitch Gerads, is joined by fan-favorite artist Evan “Doc” Shaner (Justice League: Darkseid War: Green Lantern) to bring you Strange Adventures, an epic tale in the tradition of Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, and DC: The New Frontier—a story of blood, war, and love that readers will talk about for years to come.

Created in 1958 for DC by Julius Schwartz and Murphy Anderson and first appearing in Showcase #17, Adam Strange is the hero of the planet Rann, a man famous throughout the galaxy for his bravery and honor. In King, Gerads and Shaner’s Strange Adventures, debuting in March 2020, not all is as happy and nice as it seems, as the decisions Adam made during battles on Rann come back to haunt his family and threaten the entire DC Universe.

“Adam Strange is one of a long line of characters—like Tarzan and Flash Gordon, stolid men with dimpled chins who thrive in ‘foreign lands’—who stand in as a metaphor for a 19th century European dream of colonialism,” said King. “Of course, colonialism was nothing like this dream, and it’s that contrast that interests me: the bloody gap between the myth and the reality.”

And now a surprise DC hero will have to choose between saving Adam Strange and saving the world.

“I wanted to tell two stories simultaneously,” continued King, “and have them play off each other: the story we tell others and the story others tell about us. To represent these two aspects, we use two of the best artists in comics, then we weave those two tellings together in odd and new ways that I don’t think anyone’s seen in modern superhero comics. So it’s a way to do something new and different and hopefully something cool and compelling.”

238198_1371588_1.jpg

:takeit: one please

On 1/16/2020 at 7:27 AM, Rich_Henn said:

1) Taxmick1

2) Ivdyer

3) Aaron Hollander

4)

5)

:takeit: I'll PM you Rich. Thanks