• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is Spiderman #129 now a mega key comic ?
1 1

183 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, WoWitHurts said:

Are you saying there are not degrees in importance?

Who defines what is "important"? That's my point.

A first appearance is key. A first self-titled issue is key.

Beyond that? What's "key"? Some people confuse "key" with "financially expensive". They're not mutually exclusive.

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

A key is a key is a key.

I see 0 value in trying to distinguish 1 "key" from another. Either an issue is important - or it isn't.

I dunno there's a key:

Image result for key

then there is a mega key:

Image result for huge key

lol :roflmao:

Edited by Krismusic
image didnt load

6 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

That's not entirely true. In the early 1980's I held a dozen copies in my hands at my LCS and they were $10 each, like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person I didn't buy any of them :(

I had two copies. But s $10 book then was a big purchase. MTU #1 cost me $10 too and I remember leaving the "convention" without it sat in my moms car then decided to go back in and buy it lol.

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Who defines what is "important"? That's my point.

A first appearance is key. A first self-titled issue is key.

Beyond that? What's "key"? Some people confuse "key" with "financially expensive". They're not mutually exclusive.

You are correct. A book can be a key AND be financially expensive. 

Just now, WoWitHurts said:

I know. I understood what you meant just as I knew what the OP meant. That's my point why get bogged down in semantics when you knew what he meant. Why call it out?

'Cause "key" is already overused. Random-adjective key just expounds the issue.

I also have nothing better to do.

29 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:
32 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

A key is a key is a key.

I see 0 value in trying to distinguish 1 "key" from another. Either an issue is important - or it isn't.

Are you saying there are not degrees in importance?

Even if there is, saying "mega key" instead of simply "key" means nothing. "mega" is completely subjective and ultimately doesn't mean anything quantifiable. It's just an adjective. I can say super key. I can say ultra key. I can say uber key. Nothing of that crap matters. It's just fluff. 

Those Marvel/Atlas comic books are getting expensive and more demands or "must own" routine.

Those books are unreachable prices so they look at "cheaper" key issues.  Tomb of Dracula #10 is now hot.  Once the unreachable price upon TOD #10,  they will look at other key issue that will become other unreachable price thing.  Never know.

1 hour ago, Krismusic said:

is value is tied to a movie Coyote Ugly.. duhh ... lol and those speculators buying books because o the MCU... wait umm :roflmao:

image.png.8c46ae1046d65931e2c88d5f38c7acc9.png

That happened :whatthe:

I know there is value increase on a book character appearing in a movie, but I'm wondering if there is a value increase if the book appears in a movie?

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Personal taste.

A lot of people do admire the character, and that can outweigh your own, more neutral opinion.

For instance, to me, Wolverine is a good character, but I’m not particularly excited by his involvement in a story, and don’t care that much about his first appearance. 

Many are much, much more excitable in that respect, and the rabid speculation is significantly additive to the runaway prices for both characters.

Your response may be quite cold, but it’s always mindful to appreciate that a majority may think, be motivated, and value quite differently.

:whatthe:

:ohnoez:

j/k I agree.

32 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That happened :whatthe:

I know there is value increase on a book character appearing in a movie, but I'm wondering if there is a value increase if the book appears in a movie?

lol I a dont know if it did increase it, I was trying to be funny with that whole MCU speculators driving up pricing but this was way before MCU and just an appearance by the actual book itself which tied to the plot a bit if I remember correctly. 

but I am sure it didn't hurt its value. Since the movie was popular in the 90s 

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

That's not entirely true. In the early 1980's I held a dozen copies in my hands at my LCS and they were $10 each, like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person I didn't buy any of them :(

Okay...sorry not ALWAYS. I was using that word in terms of my own life which began in the 90's. Still, when you think about a book that cost 20 cents in '74 to be a $10 in say '84, thats a x50 increase in ten years. It has increased even more since the 80's and early 90s when the character was everywhere and a bigger deal.