• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a witness also get signatures?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Last year, I finally got my childhood comic collection from my mother's basement.  Last year, I also got my first signatures ever and did my first CGC submissions ever at Baltimore Comic Con (see photos).  

Since then, CGC has invited me to apply to be a signature witness.  I have applied, but I believe I will also like to get a number of signatures at next year's con (having just dipped my toe in the water, I have been bitten by the bug, and am excited that my over protective attitude towards my collection has left the comics in good condition).  While I understand I couldn't be a witness to getting my own signatures, as a practical matter, are signature witnesses also able to obtain signatures for CGC Signature Series at the cons they work at?  Or is there really no practical way to do both?  Thank you very much!

IMG_4280.JPG

IMG_7133.JPG

IMG_9270.JPG

IMG_6762.JPG

Edited by Tinman44
typo, add photo

Perhaps my question is so dumb it doesn't deserve an answer, so if that is the case, please forgive me.  But let me pose it another way:  if there is a 3 day con, must a CGC signature witness work all 3 days of the con, or can he/she work only 2 of the days and spend the 3rd day not working but attending as a patron (i.e., getting signatures for themselves)?  Thank you! 

Edited by Tinman44
typo

2 minutes ago, Tinman44 said:

Perhaps my question is so dumb it doesn't deserve an answer, so if that is the case, please forgive me.  But let me pose it another way:  if there is a 3 day con, must a CGC signature witness work all 3 days of the con, or can he/she work only 2 of the days and spend the 3rd day not working but attending as a patron (i.e., getting signatures for themselves)?  Thank you! 

No, I don't think so. You should contact CGC directly for questions regarding their Witness policies. 

Taking a day off is probably a no.  Getting signatures can be done. You need to talk to your other booth witnesses and make arrangements.

You cannot witness your own books but most cons you will find times and ways to get it done.

The CGC Employees will be able to guide you on what you can and cannot do. Each show is different.