• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G/S/B books that I need to clean out while snowed in *CLOSED*
4 4

128 posts in this topic

Ice, snow, sleet, rain...it's all happening today in the Midwest today, so I am staying inside. I have done some cleanup recently to create some room in my boxes, and this is some of what needs to find a new home. I also have some nicer books I am thinking about listing to raise some funds for desired purchases. So, this thread will run all over the place as far as years, grades, genres and prices.  

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

Shipping will be at the cost of the buyer. For US shipments, standard for one book will be USPS 1st class in a bubble mailer for $4.35. Add $0.75 per book up to 16 ounces. Then I will switch to USPS Priority. I prefer the flat rate, but will work with you if there is a better option here. Insurance is extra, and is at the discretion of the buyer. I will ship outside the US. I'm not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you. I might throw in a couple Treasury sized books, or one offs. Those will ship at actual cost. 

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

First “I’ll take it” in the thread wins, and those would trump any ongoing PM negotiations.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Front and back pics are included, but I am happy to snap close ups with my cell phone if you want a closer look at something else...just ask.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by elibowman

Detective Comics 479, 1978, Rogers Clayface, 7.5, very slight stacking bend, and very nice structurally. However, there is a dust shadow that shows best on the back cover, and presents as some slight fading at spine on the front. Not sure how much to ding it for the dust shadow, but 7.5 seems safe to me.

$7

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fightin' Marines 6, 1952, Matt Baker Canteen Kate, 5.0Q. This book looks great. But someone "laced" the cover. It came out of a full collection of books with identical lacing. He/she spent a lot of time in doing this...not sloppy work. I believe there are 24 small holes through the book to run the laces. Cover is attached firmly otherwise (as far as I can tell). Really not a lot of other wear...might be higher than 5.0 without the laces. Only 7 on the census. 

$25  **SOLD**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman