• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Mystic #46

8 posts in this topic

I picked this book up at an LCS about 3 years ago. I'm wondering about the grade due to the discrepancy between the front and back cover. The front seems pretty clean but the main issues are on the back cover with oxidation shadows. The inside of the cover has some tanning as well. All help is appreciated. Thanks!

scan0072.jpg

scan0073.jpg

mystic_46_edge.jpg

mystic_46_inside.jpg

Well the discrepancy between the front and back covers may not be as big as you think. The color ink on the front cover may be hiding the tanning that is apparent on the predominantly white back cover.  A better comparison might be the amount of tanning inside each cover. The PQ is also dark.  
In terms of wear, it's pretty solid.  Minor corner wear, a bit of chipping along the top of fc and bc, light CB spine creases, perhaps some larger bits of color loss along the spine.  If the book were not tanned, I'd hope for 6.5 - 7., but prepare to settle for a 6. due to the tanning and pq...