• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NATIONAL TREASURE 3 movie in the works (TBD)
3 3

12 posts in this topic

Bremner's schedule is heating up as he is also writing National Treasure 3 for Disney, among other projects. That project is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, who is also the producer behind Bad Boys for Life. He is repped by Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment. 

Edited by Bosco685

19 hours ago, bane said:

Did anyone ask for this? I found the originals moderately enjoyable but 2 was more than enough. 

I enjoyed the first 2. I also like "The Mummy" movies (except the Tom Cruise one) so take that with a grain of salt :)

National Treasure 3 Still in Development With Original Cast Returning

For fans of the National Treasure franchise that have spent a decade begging for another chapter in the story, things are really starting to look up. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer revealed this week that there are not one, but two brand new National Treasure projects in development. There is a TV series in the works at Disney+, which will feature a much younger cast and telling a different story than the first two films. Also in development is National Treasure 3, which Bruckheimer confirmed will feature the original cast members.

"We're certainly working on one [National Treasure] for streaming and we're working on one for the big screen," Bruckheimer told Collider. "Hopefully, they'll both come together and we'll bring you another National Treasure, but they're both very active….The one for Disney+ is a much younger cast. It's the same concept but a young cast. The one for theatrical would be the same cast."

In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Nicolas Cage opened up about the chances of National Treasure 3 happening. Comparing it to his uncertainty about returning for Face/Off 2, Cage says he's not heard any updates about the threequel and is doubtful it will get off the ground. See what Cage shared below:

"So often these things we read about are just conjecture without any base or foundation to it. I feel the same about National Treasure 3. It's been 14 years. There's no there, there. So, is it fun to think about? Sure."

During a recent AMA on Top Gun's Reddit account, one fan asked producer Jerry Bruckheimer whether he plans to work with Nicolas Cage any time soon. Not only did Bruckheimer express his love for the Oscar winner, but shared an exciting development update on a long-gestating sequel with Cage. See what Bruckheimer said below:

"Absolutely. I love Nicolas, he's a brilliant actor and we are currently working on a -script for National Treasure."