• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Categorizing Keys
2 2

173 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kav said:

Yes Action #1 should be available to me at the price I can afford.

I understand the creators (Guys like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby) needed to make a living, but I don't believe they envisioned the collecting market that it is nowadays

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

We (collectors, buyers and sellers) made the market. 

I did most of it.

Just now, BaronSamedi said:

and put it out of reach for most. A kid could build a run of books, say 100 and not even have one of these so called 'Keys' you speak of.

It is what it is.

I think most sellers try and make books accessible for everyone.

I get it, growing up my allowance was $.25 a week, but that said more about my parents than it did the market. I was still able to put together a decent collection.

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

It is what it is.

I get it, growing up my allowance was $.25 a week, but that said more about my parents than it did the market. I was still able to put together a decent collection.

and as soon as something like the word 'Key' is attached to a book, it goes out of reach for anyone under the age of 20

Just now, BaronSamedi said:

and as soon as something like the word 'Key' is attached to a book, it goes out of reach for anyone under the age of 20

So, no 19 year old has access to $200.

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

What does your collection look like?

Well too be fair it's really none of your business. But i'll bite.

i collect alot of raws, ranging throughout the eras. When it comes to slabbed books, I mostly like signature series, I feel it brings me closer to the artist

34 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I disagree with you.

I think it's a good way to separate the valuable comics with ones that aren't 

yep , the word "key" is very important to the hobby , most hobbies included, in the coin collecting community 

for example ,.. with the Lincoln cent there are keys - 1909 SVDB, 1914 D, 1955 DD, 1931 S 1924 D ect...

there are semi-keys 1913 S 1926 S 1922 D 1915 S ect..

and there are minor keys 1933 D 1955 S 1931 D 1917 S ect.....

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

yep , the word "key" is very important to the hobby , most hobbies included, in the coin collecting community 

for example ,.. with the Lincoln cent there are keys - 1909 SVDB, 1914 D, 1955 DD, 1931 S 1924 D ect...

there are semi-keys 1913 S 1926 S 1922 D 1915 S ect..

and there are minor keys 1933 D 1955 S 1931 D 1917 S ect.....

Last time I checked, this was a comic book board

1 minute ago, BaronSamedi said:

Last time I checked, this was a comic book board

Last time you checked, 19 years olds didnt have $200.

17 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It is what it is.

Wow !! my allowance was 35 cents a week lol  but it could buy a 20 cent comic, a 10 cent pack of baseball cards and a five cent candy bar ....