• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Categorizing Keys
2 2

173 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, BaronSamedi said:

You got me there. I should have researched that more!

The coinees used to lurk around here before,the two forums used to get some overlap.Some of the old numismatic guys still post in the water cooler.At the dawn of time,long before ai was about here there used to be a card spot too!It's separate now,but run by the same money grabbers at the top.

Edited by porcupine48

3 hours ago, kav said:

Ok I see you posted a confused reaction-let me help you understand-Keys are determined by value and significance.  I made a chart to go with the value part of the equation.  I did not chart the 'significance' part of the equation, although I guess that may be possible.  

Let me help you understand. Fixed.

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Let me help you understand. Fixed.

Ok you're right I'm totally wrong.  Feel better?  Go away now?  

3 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Well, I have collected long enough to see Spawn #1 debated as key ... :whatthe: which I also submit renders the term moo. 

Also stare at this. It doesn't help. 

583117124_Screenshot_20200119-0620302.thumb.png.31531bdf1a4b4dd50788ae877c75429b.png

Basically, enfold this with dollar dollar bills, yo.

Buzzwords are the death of mental acuity 

Another Strange Adventures  ... number #50...what a great series to collect !! tough issue, no recent sales on eBay and none for sale currently....

worth $400 in VG 4.0 does that make it a key ???  most would say a very big YES

Image result for strange adventures robot cover

Edited by 1950's war comics

4 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

Buzzwords are the death of mental acuity 

:gossip: Buzzword is a buzzword.

1 hour ago, IkewithMike said:

Of course you guys say it's  a great thread, you follow each other around like a lost pack of puppies.

Is Kav's esteem that low that he needs a pat on the back constantly? I'm genuinely curious. I'd ask him, but all I get is popcorn rhetoric and mod reports

I can take it or leave it.

24 minutes ago, kav said:

:gossip: Buzzword is a buzzword.

I can take it or leave it.

No, buzzword is a categorization value given to explain those words.

Actually, its hilarious that you do not see that, given that you wish to change the value of the word Key to something to be monetized.

Edited by IkewithMike
Added a tidbit

2 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

No, buzzword is a categorization value given to explain those words.

Actually, its hilarious that you do not see that, given that you wish to change the value of the word Key to something to be monetized.

A lot of things are hilarious here but that's not one of em.

Just now, kav said:

A lot of things are hilarious here but that's not one of em.

Au contraire, mon ami, practically everything you post is hilarious. Alas, I dont have the hilarity acumen as you, so please forgive me for not coming across as equally funny

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Another Strange Adventures  ... number #50...what a great series to collect !! tough issue, no recent sales on eBay and none for sale currently....

worth $400 in VG 4.0 does that make it a key ???  most would say a very big YES

Image result for strange adventures robot cover

If I'm understanding correctly, you're suggesting SA #50 is a "key" due to it's market value and being difficult to find?  It's a cool robot cover, but what makes this issue stand out in any way?

18 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

If I'm understanding correctly, you're suggesting SA #50 is a "key" due to it's market value and being difficult to find?  It's a cool robot cover, but what makes this issue stand out in any way?

the cover speaks for the itself and the price even in just VG signifies it is a key issue in the series

Edited by 1950's war comics

5 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Well, I have collected long enough to see Spawn #1 debated as key ... :whatthe: which I also submit renders the term moo.

Are you a cow?

Anyway, who are these people that would argue against Spawn #1 being a key? ???

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

Are you a cow?

Anyway, who are these people that would argue against Spawn #1 being a key? ???

You seem really angry.  Perhaps this is not the thread for you.