• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Gil Kane Nasal Shot Appreciation Thread
2 2

53 posts in this topic

Again, and I'm NOT a racist, but didn't he get the prison population % all wrong too?

:jokealert: ...hey, if we don't laugh at this stuff, it then becomes harmful.

Again, and I'm NOT a racist, but didn't he get the prison population % all wrong too?

:jokealert: ...hey, if we don't laugh at this stuff, it then becomes harmful.

It may have been the right mix then, remember this was 1971.

Inspired by this Redhook quote from another thread: "I think I'm getting an idea for the followup to the Corner Robin Shock montage. The Gil Kane UpNose Montage!"

And third: Not the most outrageous schnozz, but you gotta love the dialog:

subby58.jpg

Gil Kane inked by Everett!! I'd love to see the OA to this one, just beautiful!

It is O.K. to like these covers, isn't it?

Edited by ucleben

Considering it seriously, because the head is tipped back, it may have the same effect as in film making where a "Dutch Angle" is used, the camera, being slightly tilted, giving a more dramatic feel,, just a guess.

12 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Considering it seriously, because the head is tipped back, it may have the same effect as in film making where a "Dutch Angle" is used, the camera, being slightly tilted, giving a more dramatic feel,, just a guess.

I read a lot of film directing and screenplay books.  The low angle shot is used to get the viewer inside the mind of the subject, the high angle to detach viewer from subject.  These angles are not to be used willy-nilly as Kane seems to have done.