• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jazzy John Romita Sr.
3 3

12 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Kamika007z said:

Happy Holidays!!

Did this event ever happen? Or get postponed?

Would love to submit for a JR SR submission.

Anyone have any new details?

it was cancelled

I think I read he is not currently signing because of his health (others feel free to confirm)

EDIT: here is where I read that

he is my #1 want for a sig and I hope I’m not too late and there is still an opportunity

Pretty sure Brittany M said she/CGG were in touch with him/his camp but unfortunately nothing has transpired

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 12/25/2020 at 7:57 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

it was cancelled

I think I read he is not currently signing because of his health (others feel free to confirm)

EDIT: here is where I read that

he is my #1 want for a sig and I hope I’m not too late and there is still an opportunity

Pretty sure Brittany M said she/CGG were in touch with him/his camp but unfortunately nothing has transpired

******update  --  I did get my signatures via Twin Cities. I sent books in March and Romita SR. did sign all 7 books, I got one back from CGC and the other 6 are marked as "received" at CGC. But it is my understanding that he is not signing anymore and that he is in poor health. The one signature I did get back is very shakey looking I have to say ............. but at least I got this absolute LEGEND finally !!!!! I really hope he can sign more in the future, but who knows .........  

0263006A-47B9-49F0-9172-B1F4F4015A87.png

Edited by fishbone

7 hours ago, bobotski said:

I got 3 books go through last April via DWC before Mr. Romita halted signing. In hindsight, I wish I submitted more during his past healthy years.

I submitted my ASM #129 through DWC before the passing of Chandler and halt of the John Romita Sr. signings. I’m happy I was able to get the book signed as well but the signature most definitely reflects the state of his current health.

1 hour ago, SignatureSelect said:

that sucks to hear about his health. he is a super nice man. i got to spend time with him on 4 different occasions always a gentleman. i have been stock pileing romitas the past couple of years but I still need more hope he gets better.

"Time treats everybody like a fool..."  Warren Zevon