• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970s Foreign language comics?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

In general, a lot of these don’t have a whole lot of monetary value. Unless, they reprint classic or key US books. 

I sure wouldn’t toss them though. A lot of collectors like these as oddities. Maybe offer them here on the boards for free or a nominal amount with the receiptient paying postage. 

Would be a shame to simply toss them.

18 minutes ago, OuterboroGuy said:

I have some foreign language comics I found in my boxes... was going to toss them but thought I'd ask here and see if there is any value.  I think some are Finland, some Brazil.  Example attached.

20200118_114820.jpg

They look nice :)

Try posting them here:

You might get more attention...

@marmat @Define999

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

In general, a lot of these don’t have a whole lot of monetary value. Unless, they reprint classic or key US books. 

I sure wouldn’t toss them though. A lot of collectors like these as oddities. Maybe offer them here on the boards for free or a nominal amount with the receiptient paying postage. 

Would be a shame to simply toss them.

Good idea

They do have value and more people get into these all the time.

Maybe not for sure the ones you posted,but there's a a thriving market.Sometimes a key is hidden inside as well,not always shown on the cover.

I believe there's a boardie here that actually has been putting a lot of time and effort into documenting GA Brazilian comics.

There is no Brazilian book among these four. Foreign can have a lot of value even without US covers, although this is valid only for a few books, specially between the origin's country collectors. It is just a guess, but I would believe those are low to middle 2 digit books, since they seem to be in great shape. That is, if you can find the right buyer.

The average, non key foreign comic book is in many cases, more expensive than a US counterpart, specially if they predate the 80's, since they tend to be scarce, while the US books are nearly always a commodity. Unless they are high grade, since the origin's country collectors usually are not willing to pay several times the value of a middle grade issue.

Just now, kav said:

Anyone know why they redrew the covers instead of just using the art like inside?

Because the original cover's art was usually not sent to the foreign publisher

Edited by Kromak
grammatical error

2 minutes ago, Kromak said:

Because the original cover's art was usually not sent to the foreign publisher

Did they send stats of interior art but not the cover?  Any idea why?